Arts, crafts and such in Weston Super Mare, Somerset*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Weston Super Mare.
Arts, crafts and such
- No idea what it's called, but there's a sweet little art shop right next to Grove Park, the owners are ever so helpful.
- ALOT OF LOW STANDAND GRAFFITI ....... ITS FUCKING EVERY WHERE!!!! we need some better graff
- If im honest, I cant remember what the name of the shop is but there is a great art shop (Selling prints, canvasses etc) opposite the odean. If they dont have the print your after then they will simply order it in for you. They also do a framing service which is very reasonable and very professional. The owners are very nice and always very friendly and helpful. I often shop there.
- They should bring Hobby Craft to Weston.
- check out the westcliffe college (art, graphics and music college) the art and graphic students put up an exhibition of all their work at the end of every year - around june. and they really are very good.- worth going to see and its free!
- There's a small art shop up near Grove Park and one up the same end of the Boulevard.
- Hobbycraft?! Loads of little art supply shops around but never bothered taking in what they're called.
- The frame station on walliscote rd (opposite the odeon) offers art exibitions from local artists.
- why not visit the Old Town Quarry WebSite at www.townquarry.co.uk
- Great Tattoo shop at Kustom Kulture in Worle. Strictly over 18s though.
- Note to the god of film - please please please PLEASE build us an out of town multiplex so we can stop travelling to Bristol to see films. The art deco cinema in weston looks okay, but the screens and sound are not great so pretty much everyone i know drives up to Bristol when we'd much rather watch in weston.
- Sometimes a few interesting art exhibitions at the Blakehay Theatre in Wadham Street, or in the Hans Price Gallery at the College, or in All Saints Church, or even at the Museum in Burlington Street.
- like fuck the onbly art is my body! Ummmmmmmmmmmm!!
- New stuff in Tudor Market - hand made silver jewellry and painted glass etc.
- Pukka art galleries??? Ha ha ha... There's the smoking shop in James Street or the classy art festival held daily (or usually) in the gardens behind Burger King - a must for all art-lovers !
- Weston college puts on superb art exhibitions a couple of times a year.
There are a couple of art/craft shops around the Playhouse area
- Arts & Crafts??? this is Weston, the only art is the grafitti and the speed the dope heads can roll a joint
- Art shop by the Playhouse
- Winter Gardens filled with smelly old people and 'country folk'
- Woodsping Museum is a great little museum tucked away in the more intersting part of town which contains many smaller and "bric-a-brac" type shops (which are more interesting than the usual boring chain stores which make all UK towns look the same). The ticket for the museum is reusable for one year. There are some old fairground type machines which still work for 20p a go - including a "laughing sailor". The best collection of old fairground machines, however, can be seen at Wookey Hole - most of which still work with pre-decimal 1d coins. The fairgound collection there is far more intersting than the poxy caves!
- Clevedon Craft Centre for lovely house signs that my Auntie Sheila paints.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Maggie Simpson, Gerv, Gemm, toby, andy hawkins, bish, Prolific, jenny, Jo Cox, kelly, simon, jen, Badass, Rupert, Frostypants, maria christaki, dom, Leanne, Eddie Gray, Bob Blainey, Annonymous of Weston, danny, tommy b, Jake, nobby, Austin, Markie, kate, Claire, Inextremist, Stace, Gavin Cashman, sarah jones, mandy buck, H Boyd, Richard Jackson, lucy, wenna, nikpulle, adam, Posko, fred north, leanne rogers, jimbob, lyn, Eddie Farrow, stevie dee, Bexxxi, dee, Salma, Alexa, Tania, Mart, Nick Burrett, pez, robbie, pinki, chris, Mel, RJB, PETER, nick, Alex G, Monkey, Rob Shaw, Mike Clarke, mike, jimnekrikit, kathy, Matthew Stone, Klos 55, tinki winki, Caroline wright, Allen Hawthorne, C Plummer, kelli, Mike Richardson, H, joe, mrfintim, Alex, Dave Lloyd, Rosalyn George, wolf, Jo, Sam, tony, Lyns, Nath, Mike King, Mark Kinsey, elisa atkinso, josh, Ben Ashley, Marie Felton, Ross Jones, Libby, Richard Roofe, Michelle Syms, Melanie Shepherd, Kirstie, Marky Mod, Jon, RAY, ryan inglis, Mr. lange, Ryan Bailey, Mike Sanders, Sarah Smith, lewis richards, Roger Thomas, michael howe, Jim, Ralph, Mike Thomas, David Bryant, dan_linear, simon hallett, Paul Davies, Ryan Phillips, emily, Clare, marshall, Jess, RolyPoly, Brian, Nobby, DEAN SMYTH, jane hudson, Mikey Sanders, Ben Reilly, Laura, Jack Frost, Chloe, Bex Lynch-Kirk, jason, Paul, danlinear, Nina, ME BABY ME!!, pete seaton, Brian Cobb, wildkat, geoff, bex, jim driver, paul j, Mike Hancorn, DEA, Jason Day, penguin, Linny, ian, amber kingscote, Simon Griffin, blank, Simon Stephens, Flo :), Pirate Bill, gully, John Balance, angel, generic, Ray Holder, David Britten, Katie, Ian James Frost, nik, dags watson, Mark, Jordan, KEWSOUND, sxe, Brady, Pecky, pete deane, andy, gary, Mike Hooper, charlie, stuart, john christopher, baz, nigel, Steve S, Bruno Brookes, lisa, Mark Hirst, mason, Allan, John, Malc Banham, christine mason, Cass n Aime, Steve
Last updated: 2011-06-21
More stuff about Weston Super Mare
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Weston Super Mare Knowhere Board