Live Music Venues in Weymouth, Dorset*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Weymouth.
Live Music Venues
- The golden Lion. Great music pub like finns
- Finns always has band playing.
- Duke of Cornwall
- Dorothys is great for a late night gig if you wanna drink to the wee small hours and don't wanna listen to dance music. The Excise House is always a good venue too. Finns don't seem to have the same calibre of bands they used to.
- Urm... Finns, Duke of Cornwall, It used to be Verdis but unfortuantely not any longer, shame really.
- fins has the best gigs (metal/covers)
- bring back verdis!! the town needs you!
The excise house
- Thomas Mowlams of fleet lane.best live music venue for miles.
- PERSONALLY, MARINERS/VERDIS IS A DEFINATE PLACE TO GO, VERY FRIENDLY! HAD MANY GREAT NIGHTS THERE! BIT OF A LOCAL GIRL THERE I GUESS, ALWAYS FELT WELCOME, MIGHT SEE YOU THERE! HAS A RANGE OF FUNK, PUNK, ROCK, NU-METAL, METAL, AND SOME CLASSICS!
- FINNS for a rock n rollin good time!
- The place to be on Thursday evening is Bar on the Corner, great live acoustic music, played by John Stone. Kylie to Coldplay! Brilliant!
- There's a regular jam session at Mariner's in Maiden Street, Weymouth eevery Thursday night. PA, drums, bass and guitar amps are provided (and guitars if you ask nicely!), and a lot of young bands (Chosen Ones, New Breed, Monkey Wrench, Heavy Soul etc) have gone from playing a few numbers ther to getting a full gig at the pub. You also get people from other gigs checking out new bands.
- ..CHICKERELL WILLOWBED HALL
- Live music on the beach is great in the summer, usually with fireworks too.
- Not existent really, but Finns is probally the best to go to hear Cover bands and tribute bands. Mos of them are quite damn good, and you get the odd ocasional Kerrang or Metal Hammer sponsured bands.
- Thursday at the excise house is a jam night where young bands are encouraged to get up and do ther stuff.Allways well att
ended and as far as i know the only venue of its kind.Great atmosphere.Priceless as far as up and coming bands are concerned.Most of the acts put u workin bands to shame.well...This IS Weymouth.
- The excise house in brewer's quay has always got bands on and The Spy glass in Boleze cove does sometimes as well.
- Pubs see the Evening Echo for whats on - otherwise the pavillion for Chaz and Dave or Paul Daniels type entertainment. If you want a shag or a fight go to Harrys.
- lets turn the old cinema into a club that has bands until 11 and then DJ's banging it out
- HARRY's and TOTALLY UNDERGROUND brilliant for differrent music
- Marriners and o'malleys have the main bands. The excise house has great old daddy bands like 'trouble in mind'wicked musicians but they generally play covers.
- Loads of pubs if you like arse pop music/blues/easy listening/folk music/jazz/etc.
Nowhere if you want music by bands with Balls!
- Verdis is so small it's like the band are playing in your living room - which is cool!
- Free Bands, follow this route: Excise House, Kings Arms, O'Malley's, (Duke of Cornwall-no live music but worth the visit) Cider House,Black Dog, O'Flannigans. The Gig Guide is in Thursday's Echo, a copy of which can be seen at the Echo Office in town for free.
- O'Malleys by the Town Bridge has live music every night of the week, including local future famous boys "Jaded". It is one of the more genuine places in town, with friendly staff and a decent pint of Caffreys
- Folkus Pocus - a folk and acoustic music club that meets on 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month at Kingswood Hotel, Rodwell Road. Friendly people and good range of music from booked artists and those who turn up to play. Real ale in the bar too.....but no Aran sweaters or fingers in ears! Virtually every pub in Weymouth has music on during the week. Check the "Gig Guide" in the Dorset Evening Echo on Thursdays.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Simon Barber, phill, Martin Bliss, laura, fat boy, Ravenstone, johnson, iain burden, wodge, dom, Leanne, john jacobs, richie t, Devoid, Mike Jones, Magic princess tiger fairy, wendy gilbert, Ian Dykes, Vicky, R.I.P, Jenny, Phil Coombs, *jen*, Tom, anti-anglo01, Natalie, Miguel, Dan Kilroy, ian pearce, Danny_Asterix, Darren Hedley, The Wolf, wellgone, Chance Medley, D BALL, Gill, Jules, chris, ji chan, Sheila Green, els, Phil Brown, oscar whyte, Martin, Ed Hintze, mike, Peter, Marie, Karl Weber, barney, DAZ, matt, Chris Gleave, Stalks, Tcr_ladnet, pam, Bob Holness, Alex, Adam Montague, fca, Angie, the ducks, Luke Yates, teresa, fit babe, David York, Zaki Moosa, Chris Lonergan, dawn, Jon, paul, audrey reece, lizard, Sam Ryan, mmmarrrrkkyyyy, Borry, K, Teague, james, Paul Ockleford, jim, paul carter, ron nendy, Joey, A.Resident, chickerell pussycat, Nina Berns, halo, katy, Wendy Medich, dave, bunnyman, aids_kid, Ozzy, Mark Smith, Patricia, jenna, Carl Greenham, Phil, Dicky Dawes, Clive, Dave Mck, Nina, Hodder, meryl, Bob, Braven, alison, dan mcdonald, pammy, Lemon, brett, Jeremy, jamie pinnow, Tcr, Badge, Trigger, mick ellis, margaret Judd, Dean, weymouth girl, Nina James, carl, Maine, John Randall, Peter Lythgoe, generic, Doug Hollings, mark taylor, Lisa B, Barbara Hart-Varca, henrypoole, surfdude, Carrie, poppy, ben johston, toad, Hayley Marks, peter targett, danny j, Gillian, Michelle Warner, tonihope, Eda
Last updated: 2014-07-03
More stuff about Weymouth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Weymouth Knowhere Board