Cheap Food in Whitehaven, Cumbria*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Whitehaven.
- Chattanooga is terrible as ordered food got order completely wrong then after waiting half hour on there word to correct it we got a phone call to say that my order was correct an that they would make new order then deliver after another hour totally unprofessional
- dont go chatanooga its rank
- dont go chatanooga they spit on ya food
- keep away from shop that used to be mr pizza on duke street food isproper wank and they are dirty
- keep away from chatanooga their food is shite and they spit on ya pizzas
- Casa Romana is good. Zest is rubbish, overpriced dross.
- Barwise's Chippy On Kells, The best chip shop in whitehaven, and freindly staff too.
- marmaris and the staff are fit
- Happy Have. Go ask for Eddie and get some of his magical chips. (Eddie's left now though, damn!)
- A hotdog at the Tuns, n the chippy across the road
- St Nicholas church. Lovely cakes, sandwhiches and soup (which I don't like, but sells well!).
- takeaway city indians chinese pizza kebab fried chikin some better than others a few good restaurants but not cheap best bet for a good scran for cheap is one of the town centre pubs in the afternoon nothing fancy but good grub
- Chippy across from the Tuns nearest place, Gregs steak bakes mmmmmmmmmmm
- Go to Oriental House on Duke St if ur a bloke, u'll get a cracking takeaway, and possibly more than u bargained for, some 20 yr old with 2 kids works there, and definitely likes 2 give service with a smile if you know what I mean! Be careful if ur going in there after a sesh, u'll deffo wake up with more than a nasty hangover!
- DO NOT GO TO THE TAKEAWAY ON CHURCH ROAD HARRINGTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HAD FOOD-POISION FOR A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I like to eat Jam.
- BEST TAKE AWAY IS CHATTANOOGA, BEST RESTARAUNT IS CASA ROMANA
- Zest harbourside does really excellent bistro type food - huge portions, fresh ingredients, well cooked and served with a charm not normally associated with Whitehaven customer service. The views out onto the harbour are great too. Zest Restaurant on the Low Road, heading out to St Bees, is as good a restaurant as you'd hope to find anywhere in Manchester or London: modern European cooking, done simply but really well, with a solid wine list and subtle decor. It isn't cheap but it's well worth it for a special night out.
- There is a take away place called chattanooga and it sells pizzas,burgers,kababs andfood such as this. there are also alot of chinease places that are very nice.
- Crosbys chippie
- Mr Pizza-after a nite out in Senny's and the park!
The Georgian house is really lovely! you get your vegetables on a separate plate!!
Few pubs have sum nice freshly cooked grub!
- i recommed Napoli its the best in town for pizzas etc. but the oriental house (i think its called) is good for chiensese and really really nice inside too
- edna"s chippy
- Zest on the Loop Road is a really, really good restaurant, serving ambitious and very reasonably priced modern British cuisine. Only open for dinner, but well worth booking. Their bistro on the harbourside is less formal, serving 'share' dishes, salads, hot sandwiches, etc, but is just as good.
- Mr Pizza - wicked !!
- Zest on the Low Road is a really excellent modern British restaurant: the food is fantastic with lots of locally sourced ingredients and the extensive wine list is particularly good. Its sole downside is its opening hours - dinner only from Tuesdays to Saturdays. Zest's easily the best restaurant in Cumbria. They have a less formal bistro now on the regenerated harbourside, also called Zest, which is open all week until late - the Four Hour Lamb is fantastic.
- For special occasions try ZEST Restaurant, the best in town. Tony & Cherie Blair did, also ZEST Harbourside funky pub with "a cow in the middle"
- La venue to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The chicken shop was great until it burned down.
- McDonalds, watch the sad boy racers spin round and round and round trying to impress the 14 year old girls. Watch out for the legendary POKER, prince of the Corsa. Like the lone Ranger & Tonto, only gayer.
- Ali Taj is superb.
- casa romana great staff cheap grub nice deco
- I think that crosbys is a delightfull little family establishment where you are greeted with a smile and served the best fish and chips i have ever had the pleasure of eating; open at very convienient times the chip shop offers a friendly service with a wide variety of delicous meals and at reasonable prices this fish and chip shop is simply the best in the town!!! CROSBY'S!!!!
- Happy haven rules. avoid big bris unless u want food poisoning. tho at 3 o clock in the morning it seems like a gd idea.....
- ali tahj... no better curry house in the UK , recomended in the good curry guide.
- ali taj is the best indian restaurant ever (on the corner of tanjier st.)
chatanooga is a pizza take out place which is very close to the park nightclub.
- ryan scott, toby, kennet and opre of hensingham are all fucking male prossies as all they want is a shag but they never get it as they are all fucked up and scott has a swell head if any of you have noticed!!!!!!!!!!! IF ANYONE ONE WHO READS THIS TELL THE HENSINGHAM SWELL HEADS ITS FROM THE WORKINGTON GIRLS THEY KNOW WHO WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 'Chatanooga' is the best takeaway. the pizza is fantasic.
- Brunos was upgraded by a fire! Casa Romana Is the one and only Top Italian Resteraunt. Good Wine & crack...But ladies,watch the steps after.
- Head for Casa Romanos at happy hour - cheap food and drink and handy for trawl round town after. Plenty of dodgy Italian charm and watch the steps down to the ladies loos especially after a couple of bottles of house white
- plenty of mediocre takeaways. not too many impressive restaurants
- JAM SHOP
- TRY EDNAS PLAICE ON WOODHOUSE THIS WAS VOTED BY ALL LOCALS AS THE BEST FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN COPELAND,THIS WAS HELD BY THE WHITEHAVEN NEW FOR ALL TO VOTE ON IN COPELAND.
- Eat here and die
- chatttonoga! simply the best for deliciouse pizzas although the italians b hnd the counter are pervs they told me (a 15 yer old lasss) to go back for extra topping after closin time - like wot eva
- The Welsh arms on Tangier Street for spot on meals day and night (3 courses for under a fiver--and real chips!!!!!)
- ma kellys
- Big Bri's fries top takeaway nosh...except they dont sell fries..so why call it that..I dont know
- Try Big Bri's frys outsides Gallaghers!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!
- SAL MADGES WHICH GUESS WHAT IS A PUB
- THERE'S SOME NICE RESTAURANTS, THE BEST TAKEAWAY IS NOT IN WHITEHAVEN BUT THE ONE AND ONLY CLEATOR MOOR IT THE PANDA HOUSE
- Many jam-related outlets
Jam-Boulevard is especially good
- Birketts: brilliant for cakes with green and blue icing, and meringues in the shape of cattle. Also does fabulous 1950s cakes with bizarre names (like Coconut Japs and Lemon Fondants) which taste fantastic once you've got over the embarrassment of asking for them.
- The Distressed sailor not anything like it once was but still quite good
- recently with the expected tourist boom in the town a few good eateries have opened up. first is henry hornblowers, as you can tell from the name it,s run with a nautical theme with lots of seafood and good steaks too. secondly is the american connection serving american food no less !! steaks tex mex, burgers, the hourbourside setting is pretty cool ! last is the most unusual, a turkish place called efes, the food is top notch and a good atmosphere too (be prepared to dance, you have been warned
- Really poor restuarants. Except The Akash Tanoori. Milanos makes a damn good "Hot Shot" Pizza.
- STOP PRESS! My beloved burger van has moved, it is now next to the Park. And the old lad has left.
- Bruno's is O.K, Crosbys make probably the best chips in England, Duke's is also very good. Two good indian takeaways, namely the Ali Taj and the Akash( although the taj is better).
- The Ali Taj Indian Restaurant is possibly the best in the country. Visit and enjoy the wicked food. I have one every week!
- Best restaurant and take away is the Canton Chef at Cleator Moor
- Re: Bruno's Latin Quarter Bruno has sold his restaurant, and opened a pizza joint in Spain.(fact) (was he that fed up with the rain in Whitehaven?) We'll try and find out..... wait for the next installment.
- try visiting nearby workington for a jam sandwich
- The best place to eat in the weekends is the burgervan outside the central. V.good service. Ask them about "Nora The Norwegian Nutter"...
- Henry Hornblowers for Lobster Brunos for Spagettie Bolognase Akash for a coll Indian Curry
- Eat at your Mother's - they cook the best food.
- Ali Tajh best curry in town
- Crosby's chip shop near the bus station.
We were in Whitehaven in July '94 and found an excellent Restaurant/Hotel called Bruno's Latin Quarter you should check it out. Bruno and his wife are the owners/managers if you feel like Italian it's the place in Whitehaven to eat! (The only place to eat.)
- The Akash Tandoori. Truly excellent Indian food. Decent portions. Medium Naan Breads. Good beer, prices and service.
- Ali Taj & Akash retaurants - right opposite each other & both excellent
- The best place to eat in Whitehaven is Mr Pizza they are beautiful pizza's with loads of topping. The best pizza is Chicken and Ham.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Dave Carr, tommy, Safety Queen, ste, Horrgakx, Big Staff, p morley, j ward, worky, tim harris, KEVIN ROLINSON, KathleenB, dale hilton, maiph, patrick cannon, johnny b, Smoon, Chris blade, BONDY, Marcus Robson, workington possy, Gary Connelly, Darren Tingle, pat, Steph, Eliot Andersen, lauren, Nora The Nutter, don eaton, Neil Freeman, Tom Sharples, tom mullins, Andrew, ross , w armstrong, Justin Robertson, b goodwin, nora, Stan Bammy, fozzy, joe bananas, Bev, ,vnsivluikjfnlzdb, nicola, RITA, Andy D, Jamil, kevin suitor, indredcold, Lisa, J. Wilson, Helen Savage, catt, TB, meeeee, paul mcghee, user, ellie carson, Nora The Norwegian Nutter, miss Nosemountain, cal, A.N.Mouse, johnny spar, derek bragg, rick calvin, ITSDAVE, Vix, ha, a dixon, ken hetherington, lady of barnet, tom, barbara sheffield, GLENN AYLETT, CHRIS, Andrew Parker, jay, Mark Lewthwaite, Ian Leech, pamela, Tom Adams, Shaun, beckem, Gary Dixon, sproaty, Tammy, tara, BARRY CLYNES, Sarah King, adrian, Katherine, spider mullet, Bob Cullen, Mark Sands, stevowelly, J.HURST, beat, john thomas, Angel, Dan, lynda, Micky, dave, jonny boy, s omeone, john yobousf, Eric Postlethwaite, keith meldrum, kb87, john stape, Paul, jam-eater, Sean Duffy, pad mono, beefcake, kevin preston, d wardle, SMELL, rupert bear, Kells Lad, mike jolly, j delph, some1, Vlad the apathetic, Dee, Casper, Mark Sikora, Maria, bern, john, emma, p bragg, woodhouseboys, Pete Irving, Elle, Haggis, ged, anonymous, Bob n Mark, v, Jack, Ryan, generic, Walker, emma louise, Mark, Digsy, Mike Turner, unlucky, JOE, r morris, Durk H. Hoekstra, JB, Micky Cuzalino, adrian holliday, Andrea, JANE, Lazybrowndog, Pharmd26, Trevor Crawford, Chocco, terri lepley, bob, jas
Last updated: 2013-09-03
More stuff about Whitehaven
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Whitehaven Knowhere Board