The Best Things in Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Whitley Bay.
The Best Things
- HAVANA BAR ON A THURSDAY NIGHT! CHEAP BEER & FIT WIMMIN!! GOTTA LOVE IT - HAVANA's THE ONLY BAR WORTH SPENDING AN EVENING IN IN THIS OTHERWISE MISERABLE TOWN ............... AND THEY DONT TAKE YA EYES OUT ON THEIR DRINK PRICES EITHER!!
SATURDAY NIGHT DJ's THE ONLY DECENT ONE IN WHITLEY ON A SAT NIGHT!!! GETS YOU GOING FOR THE REST OF YOUR BEER-CLOUDED EVENIN! TEND TO LEAVE WORSE FOR WEAR .. HAHAHA ..........
- At least it has a metro
- the clubs
- Great beach & views out to see. Great nightlife & great people
- Kebab King, Churchill Playing Fields, The beach, Rockcliffe rugby club,
- Hey I work in Whitley bay and live there and if you do that then you have to believe in a place and get on with it or shut the f**k up!
- NOT SURE WHEN ALL YOUR COMMENTS WERE WRITTEN BUT 'SAVE A QUID' ON WHITLEY ROAD NEXT DOOR TO CARPHONE WAREHOUSE IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. IT SELLS EVERYTHING FROM BIN BAGS TO LAMPS TO CLOCK RADIOS TO BATTERIES TO WATCHES TO PHOTO FRAMES. IT HAS AN EXCELLECT COLLECTION OF CAR CLEANING PRODUCTS AT CHEAP PRICES. i love it!!!!
- riding a bike flat out down the big sets of stairs on the promenade so people look at you and you feel good
- churchill slide, been there for years.
- The best thing about Whitley Bay was leaving it
- on bank holidays sum1 always manages to fall over the cliffs and there r always loads of helicopters! its the highlight of our day tryin 2 figure out wot they r there 4!
- Whitley Bay is a loverly place very beautiful and has alot of attractions near by like in Alnwick(thats where Harry Potter was filmed) and they have loverly FISH AND CHIPS
- clubs, food, men, ladies, every1 is beautiful, you get to see lots of fights, get offered lots of drugs and every1 is really friendly and will talk to u! unless theyre meadowell charvas pretending 2 be from whitley bay, then they'l just shout abuse at you!
- the beach is nice sometimes and well.............. when the charvas arnt here you can walk freely. it is generally a nice area....honest.
- johnny decker.
- Its my home. It could be so very much worse.
- It ain't gotta Starbucks just yet.
- Good all round place to live
- Richie Anderson
- the lighthouse and St. Marys Island
- the sea
- Plenty of pubs to socialise and plenty of places to eat.
- WHITLEY BAY HIGH SCHOOL
- Knowin you live in a shit hole but also knowing you can leave when your 18, leaves you free to get stoned and drunk and be stupid. THe drug dealers who wont leave you alone. The ave. Mates. Knowing charves will never leave HAHAHA
- AUTORAMA MOTOR FACTORS
- the nightlife, the people, most are friendly, the beaches, the people, did i already say that?
- Fish and Chips and Amusements particularly 2p machines
- The beach when I can take my dog the whole stretch
- The Golden Nugget arcade. The best seafront arcade in Whitley Bay
- good skate spots
- Its my home and I love it
- Ummm...I'm sorry but Whitley Bay and Monkseaton really isn't such a exciting drugs riddled paradise that some contributors would have you believe. It is a middle-class, largely residential area. Some of the contributors seem to wish it was a little more hip -as I did in my youth; hey, I was a graffiti artist in the early eighties. The inescapable truth however, is for the true darker side of life you need to travel to Scotswood or Benwell in Newcastle and the reality of life in these areas isn't really what most would aspire to. I can't help smiling at the idea that the area around St Mary's church becomes a hotbed of crazy youth culture at night! Sorry, but Whitley Bay really is rather boring and middle-class....safe though.
- Sitting drinking on a summers day down Linear Park
- Monkseaton Grammar (The Monkey House). Smoking good gear and getting very stoned in my bedroom, same in Paddy's garage and Shieldies Caravan. All three venues should be on the tourist map of places of significant interest. Those who were there will know what I mean.
Riding 2 stroke 250's very fast 'round the one way system and blowing off jacked up Ford Escorts (wankers, probably still are)
Mingles,amyl nitrate and dexadrine on a Wednesday night.
Fighting with skinhead's in the Pickwick (canny lads really)on a Friday and saturday night.
- The Train station and the bus stop infront of the cemetry, for the soul reason that you can leave this stinking hell hole. John fleet , SAVE OUR TOWN FROM PENSIONERS AND IDIOT HOLIDAY MAKERS
- Rock band - Evermore - Whitley Bay's best kept secret, catch them live locally before they're massive and leave it all behind!
- ROCKLIFFE PUB ,,A REAL DRINKERS BAR
- Knowing I never have to go back!
- Whitley Bay is extremly close to Newcastle, so you can get excitement and pleasures of the big city but also the quite life in Whitley.
- gettin high
- The class of 1999 at Whitley Bay High School - well certain members of it anyway. You know who you are!
- church hill playing fields after going to the pub
- Daz & Craig - the legendry doormen from the Avenue, before they closed it down to B*****dise it !!!
The dinosaurs in the Spanish City - best place to eat a kebeb after a night out!
- The minority of sound skateys and alternative people.
- Loads of fights, loads of tack,
- ice cream sold in vans (the lighthouse)
- Are there any?
- Summer nights on South Parade
- Metro system into Newcastle - with access to trains leaving the area
- Bradford Ice Rink, Good Bus Service, Swan pub
- The beach, the waves, the lighthouse
- On quiet days when not to many care in the community, dipsticks, Kappa clad, parasitic quarks are not about, Whitley Bay is a damn good spot. This could change soon though by the carelessness of our local mafia oops authority. Actually it's not that bad at all, but when you live here you tend to take all the good points for granted, & notice all the faults. It's cool for sure!
- Loads of things to trash
- * The cool Mini-Golf Course near St. Mary's Lighthouse (hey, there're toilets, too, if you've been for a looong walk on the beach).
- Nobody knows your name in Whitley Bay.
- We all love you as long as you're not on some hell bent on aggro bus trip
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: webmaster, Vicks, Adam Pearce, PG, Jeffrey Maughan, Shaz, Alan Luther, Lucy, Kasey, DRAWROD, Mr. Magoo, Mingin, Dave Klingberg, Rutt, Justin Hornsby, jon, Gazz Carruthers, Geordie, Claire, alex, Lora Mckenna, Mr Banerjee, vickie, Pilgrim, kerry naughton n linzi, Dave, Chris Stephenson, JOHN, adam, ROSS LEA, mogo juice, Norm West, Brian Claydon, emma carr, robbie, chris, WBN, rusty, Maccer, a dog named shep, Stephen Robertson, Amit, neil redpath, Lauz da feesh, Alan Tomass, N Boath, JAFFA, abbey, Billy Birarn, dirty slapper, sparkle, wrighty & Jonny, thos, Mike Clarke, stevenamin, Mark Berry, Lofty, Gary Carruthers, Lesley Muckle, mark wankowicz, jonny o, howard, mr f.w.hall, Mike, me, Simon Greaves, leckie, Christine, Sam, dick washington, tony, David Johnson, Evil, Chris Robson, Jonny, Trace, Sarah Knights, Adam Jackson, MrB, danielle, Gibbo, mark ensor, Robbie H, Alex M, CrisisTime, nickstar*, Lee Sylph, carly, Andy, paul, Ray@the Bay, Wardle, Shazza, Doris the man, Catherine, craig, stacey dun, Jen & her anonymous friend (Lou), robbiedigital, Stuk Sound Mel Jackson, Bob the Builder, tina turner , Steve O, Karl Ward, Kazza, frank hell, Carrie.M.McKenzie, James, Jack Hutton, Geoff P, Genna, Brian, carol, AL, BTEC, Jonathan Dowland, Laura, Guy Thouret, JohnBurn, graham, Khris, Colleen Bromilow, Heather, bubble, niki, pigbeast, Sharon, debbie kerrigan, James Kenyon, louise rees, The Pilgrim, michael brown, Joy Plage, euzah b, Matthew Peak, Marcia, dennis dillon, liam hunter, Miggaz Mitchell, Rew, emma, Ryan Boyd, Paul Blight, helen curry, generic, Paula's juicy bum , Bengall, liz, tim fawcett, Disco D (u know who), Townsy, Scott Carlucci, Anni & Raphaela, One of Many, Richard Combes, K.Ward, sdfgg, ash, Alex Robertson, sum1, Jamie Allatt, Stella, MR TUPLING
Last updated: 2017-04-28
More stuff about Whitley Bay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Whitley Bay Knowhere Board