Cheap Food in Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Whitley Bay.
- Check out http://www.eatwhitleybay.co.uk for information on Whitley Bay's restaurants and take aways!
- Wetherspoons...need say anymore... The many kebab shops of Whitley are great after an alcohol fuelled night oot on the bay!
- Home Bargains, Iceland
- Harry G's for the classy customer.
- Maccy Dees
- home bargains
- Why has no-one mentioned Picassos? You're classic Italian restaurant claiming to be Spanish. And the waiters are extreemly friendly, or should I say sleazy?
- HOMA BARGAINS in the new shopping centre
- dimittri sell nice kebabs, cappuchinos and the whitley whaler in wtly ldge r nice too.
- RITZZY's STEAK HOUSE!!.. great owner and the best service, from the best waiter (craig) and waitress (amy) in north tynside!!!...great food, great atmosphere, great organ player, GREAT!! GREAT!! GREAT!!... long live RITZZYS!!!
- Worst restaurants - if you can call pizza and fish and chips - that perfect pizza place is absolute crap
- pizza cottage! mmmmmm seafood sauce!
- Spar Sandwiches r the best food ur gonna get in whitley bay like!
- caravela resteraunt down the seafront is definatly the best, although its small, they make the best food ever!
- archade chippie does deep fried mars bars and has nice chips. pan a vino is a gorgeous itallian restaurant. there is lots of chinese places too.there is also a nice greggs.
- seashells chippie is by far the best, all the other ones are total shite
- smally's vending machine, whitley high. for all your free goods needs.
- Just had the worst meal at the Mama Rosas, Cullercoats. If you like soggy warm pizzas and salty pasta then this is the place to go...... very expensive , two main courses two wines and two tia maria coffes £25.00 ok if there was a quality meal served but this was just taking the "hit and miss" at New Year
- PLAZZA PIZZA either when your ratted and trying to make your way home or for delivery their kebabs are nice even when your sober! Also lovely pizzas and chips!
The Shapla indian restraunt on the front where the arcades are is fantastic huge portions, great quality.
Still havent found a decent chinease and ive lived in whitley for 22 yrs.
- Greggs, dominoes pizza. No McDonalds!
- People who like a quiet meal will be pleasantly surprised by the Fire Station and 42nd Street in the daytime. Excellent, inexpensive and well presented food plus friendly service at both venues. Both also welcome well-behaved children.
- TANDOORI INDIAN RESTAURANT
- Bays Bistro in Park View is a top spot for a really classy meal.
- WHITLEY BAY HIGH SCHOOL VENDING MACHINES/CANTEEN
- YEEEEESSSSS DIMITRIS, its the perfect place to pick up food poisenin on the way home on sat or fri day night, the guy with pubs on his head sings alot and accuses us all of being herion addicts.
- WILD THYME DELI IN ILFRACOMBE GARDENS WHITLEY BAY CHECK OUT SIMONS HALF LUNCH BOX
- plaza pizza is good, so is ritzys, my mates dad owns that!!!!! also the chinese next to seashells(on front street) is nice and cheap too
- Now closed...Pa's pizza and kebab shop beside old fast eddies....Luvvly frozen meat on stick.... and mustn't forget Pizza Cottage on the seafront!
- Wild Thyme Deli 63 Ilfracombe Gardens do the best sandwiches in Whitley I should know I make them. If you come in and mention this web site I'll give you something free
The Caravella next to the royal does a 3 course meal for £4.75 the waiters a bit of a nutter though
- skate city bar
- The Bilash (off Station Road) in Cullercoats makes outstanding curries.
- Perfect pizza is the best place to get food. and skibs sandwhich shop is alright
- Simons Takeway Chinese
- Dimitris is crap. The man who works there spits on the floor.
- Pizza 2000 or Pizza cottage are probably the best takeways on the main drag. Pizza cottage are best for pizzas, with Pizza 2000 being best for burgers, chips & kebabs.
- SPANISH /ITALIAN NEXT TO THE ROYAL,,, INDIANS OPPOSITE THE STATION PUB
- PANTRINIS is the lushest chippy i've ever been to. Just around the corner from spanish city.
- Perfect Pizza is da best
- Sagar Indian Restaurant - Best Chicken Tikka Masala outside Birmingham
- Teri and Tonis is one of the best chinese restaurants around. i should know i used to work their. the atmosphere is friendly
and food is superb. try the chicken and cashew nuts
- Perfect pizza is great ,nice pizzas,buy one get one free on collection
- Along the sea front there is quite a lot of chippies but the best one is situated in a back alley off Whitley Road (around the corner from "the vic". Cheap and nice. Apart from chippies there is no where else (bar one pizza take away (perfect pizza).
- Kismet restaurant on Whitley Road for brilliant Indian food, is the best value and service in Whitley
- Dimitri's- Blatantly the best Kebab shop around :- where else do you get a
kebab man that sings to you and a bloke called Hash!
- AVOID DIMITRIS at all costs. he gave me food poisoning and started on me just because his hair was more like a set of pubes.
- Sainsbury's when your munchied.
- Nice Thai Restaurant in Whitley Bay now, Pontip Restaurant, 12 Park Avenue opposite the old bus station.
- i recommend Provencale on Park View - great food and good selection. We didn't want to come back to the 'orrible US garbage we now live with. >From an exiled Coastie
- No National fast food chain but 2 Kebab shops and loads of chip shops and indians
- The Peking Duck and Pancake and the Mandarin Both good chinese take aways
- Ahar Indian restaurant top of Park View V.Good
- Indian sitting-down: Shahenshah Tandoori, Whitley Road, see Tahir etc... Indian standing up(take away): Whitley Lodge Tandoori, Claremont Crescent. Chinese sitting-down: Jade Palace, Whitley Road, see "Kevin"? Chinese standing up: Claremont TakeAway, Claremont Crescent. Best Kebab Shop: Dimitris, Claremont Crescent, but rapidly going downhill. Best pizza gaff: Pizza Cottage on the seafront, East Parade.
- Honeycombe Wholefoods (Ilfracombe Gdns) + Esplins (Caudwell Lane) do sweet sandwiches!
- You wanna get food? Go fish, because unless you like fish and chips you're screaming. No macdonalds, so we generally go home to eat!
- Whoever mentioed good Tia restaurants wants their head seeing to Loads of Indians, chinese, kebab usual beer fuel places. Excellent French Restaurant in Town called La Provencal (Expensive) Brilliant Spanish/Italian place on front next to the Royal called La Stella or something. The waiters are great and the food lushg
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: webmaster, Vicks, Adam Pearce, PG, Jeffrey Maughan, Shaz, Alan Luther, Lucy, Kasey, DRAWROD, Mr. Magoo, Mingin, Dave Klingberg, Rutt, Justin Hornsby, jon, Gazz Carruthers, Geordie, Claire, alex, Lora Mckenna, Mr Banerjee, vickie, Pilgrim, kerry naughton n linzi, Dave, Chris Stephenson, JOHN, adam, ROSS LEA, mogo juice, Norm West, Brian Claydon, emma carr, robbie, chris, WBN, rusty, Maccer, a dog named shep, Stephen Robertson, Amit, neil redpath, Lauz da feesh, Alan Tomass, N Boath, JAFFA, abbey, Billy Birarn, dirty slapper, sparkle, wrighty & Jonny, thos, Mike Clarke, stevenamin, Mark Berry, Lofty, Gary Carruthers, Lesley Muckle, mark wankowicz, jonny o, howard, mr f.w.hall, Mike, me, Simon Greaves, leckie, Christine, Sam, dick washington, tony, David Johnson, Evil, Chris Robson, Jonny, Trace, Sarah Knights, Adam Jackson, MrB, danielle, Gibbo, mark ensor, Robbie H, Alex M, CrisisTime, nickstar*, Lee Sylph, carly, Andy, paul, Ray@the Bay, Wardle, Shazza, Doris the man, Catherine, craig, stacey dun, Jen & her anonymous friend (Lou), robbiedigital, Stuk Sound Mel Jackson, Bob the Builder, tina turner , Steve O, Karl Ward, Kazza, frank hell, Carrie.M.McKenzie, James, Jack Hutton, Geoff P, Genna, Brian, carol, AL, BTEC, Jonathan Dowland, Laura, Guy Thouret, JohnBurn, graham, Khris, Colleen Bromilow, Heather, bubble, niki, pigbeast, Sharon, debbie kerrigan, James Kenyon, louise rees, The Pilgrim, michael brown, Joy Plage, euzah b, Matthew Peak, Marcia, dennis dillon, liam hunter, Miggaz Mitchell, Rew, emma, Ryan Boyd, Paul Blight, helen curry, generic, Paula's juicy bum , Bengall, liz, tim fawcett, Disco D (u know who), Townsy, Scott Carlucci, Anni & Raphaela, One of Many, Richard Combes, K.Ward, sdfgg, ash, Alex Robertson, sum1, Jamie Allatt, Stella, MR TUPLING
Last updated: 2008-09-05
More stuff about Whitley Bay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Whitley Bay Knowhere Board