Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Whitley Bay.
- The Playhouse show some, but the seats aren't too comfortable. They're not bad mind, and it is cheap! ^_^
- Playhouse? doubt it mate, get on the bus to the UCI at Silverlink.
- playhouse and the UCI in silverlink
- Theres used 2 b a good 1 (with rats) till they knocked it into flats but mayb if u go an ask nicely 2 the residents they might let u pick a film in their house!!
- the ICU cinema in the silverlink, full of gorgeous lads and ur guaranteed 2 pull! especally on a wednesday night when its cheapas chips to get in!
- there is the playhouse on marine avenue if you want to see something you have probably already seen in a seat that is less than comfortable. however i recomend you get on the 308 and go to the uci silverlink.
- If only...
- There was an ABC Cinema but now they are flats. You have to go to UCI in the Silverlink now!
- WHITLEY BAY PLAYHOUSE
- UCI like @ the sliverlink, that fucking rocks!
- em, no, haven't seen one
- HAHAHAHAA no
- only the Playhouse, the closests UCI on the Silverlink business park, theres plenty in Newcastle
- Silverlink (UCI cinema) is now the nearest cinema to Whitley Bay. Very nice facility which has returned to the older style 'banked seating'.
- the UCI at silverlink co i work there
- tHE uci cos i work there
- THERE'S NONE, now the ABC in monkseaton has closed down. Except from the playhouse but all the films shown there are all crackly, poor colour and the sound and picture quality is poor.
- Whitley Bay Playhouse is a theatre and occasional cinema. Cheap, but not all that comfortable.
- THE COLLISEUM,,THE REGAL ,,,THE ESSOLDO ,,, OHHHHHHH OK THEN GO TO THE SILVERLINK
- The canon/classic/old peoples flats
- not a chance- they've all closed down
- The Playhouse is the only cinema type thing left as the ABC closed down. The nearest proper one is at the silverlink 5 miles away.
- Theatre (The Playhouse) that is also a basic cinema
- Showcase (Opposite Club Barcelona)
- There's the Playhouse for films that are already out on video now, its cheap, and you get what you pay for. There's the ABC in Monkseaton aswell - that's along the same lines but the films are more up-to-date
- The Whitley Bay Playhouse is an excellent venue for flicks, theatre, shows or gigs. None of your Warner Multiplex Village marketing type crap here. Quite simply an amazingly comfortable, loads of atmosphere, trad., back to the good old days, type of venue. Better than the restPurple
- ABC Cinema, Monkseaton. Fucking Shite
- ABC cinema in Monkseaton is good for the Hollywood tat. Otherwise Whitley Bay Playhouse occasionally shows films.
- A.B.C monkseaton. Canny for a cheap film with a few mates. Much cheaper than other cinemas in Newcastle. Although it's only got 2 screens it still seems to show all the major blockbusters. Has a kids morning on Saturdays.
- The playhouse next to the Spanish city is more like something out of the fifties - Good for the oldies who can get a pint whilst the adverts are on (Yes a bar). All helped along by a nice little old lady who tinkles a bell to tell you the movie is about to start. Don't go looking to see new releases or expect great quality - High tech it aint!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: webmaster, Vicks, Adam Pearce, PG, Jeffrey Maughan, Shaz, Alan Luther, Lucy, Kasey, DRAWROD, Mr. Magoo, Mingin, Dave Klingberg, Rutt, Justin Hornsby, jon, Gazz Carruthers, Geordie, Claire, alex, Lora Mckenna, Mr Banerjee, vickie, Pilgrim, kerry naughton n linzi, Dave, Chris Stephenson, JOHN, adam, ROSS LEA, mogo juice, Norm West, Brian Claydon, emma carr, robbie, chris, WBN, rusty, Maccer, a dog named shep, Stephen Robertson, Amit, neil redpath, Lauz da feesh, Alan Tomass, N Boath, JAFFA, abbey, Billy Birarn, dirty slapper, sparkle, wrighty & Jonny, thos, Mike Clarke, stevenamin, Mark Berry, Lofty, Gary Carruthers, Lesley Muckle, mark wankowicz, jonny o, howard, mr f.w.hall, Mike, me, Simon Greaves, leckie, Christine, Sam, dick washington, tony, David Johnson, Evil, Chris Robson, Jonny, Trace, Sarah Knights, Adam Jackson, MrB, danielle, Gibbo, mark ensor, Robbie H, Alex M, CrisisTime, nickstar*, Lee Sylph, carly, Andy, paul, Ray@the Bay, Wardle, Shazza, Doris the man, Catherine, craig, stacey dun, Jen & her anonymous friend (Lou), robbiedigital, Stuk Sound Mel Jackson, Bob the Builder, tina turner , Steve O, Karl Ward, Kazza, frank hell, Carrie.M.McKenzie, James, Jack Hutton, Geoff P, Genna, Brian, carol, AL, BTEC, Jonathan Dowland, Laura, Guy Thouret, JohnBurn, graham, Khris, Colleen Bromilow, Heather, bubble, niki, pigbeast, Sharon, debbie kerrigan, James Kenyon, louise rees, The Pilgrim, michael brown, Joy Plage, euzah b, Matthew Peak, Marcia, dennis dillon, liam hunter, Miggaz Mitchell, Rew, emma, Ryan Boyd, Paul Blight, helen curry, generic, Paula's juicy bum , Bengall, liz, tim fawcett, Disco D (u know who), Townsy, Scott Carlucci, Anni & Raphaela, One of Many, Richard Combes, K.Ward, sdfgg, ash, Alex Robertson, sum1, Jamie Allatt, Stella, MR TUPLING
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Whitley Bay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Whitley Bay Knowhere Board