The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Whitley Bay.
- The townhouse pub by far the best bar in whitley bay and the worst is the bedroom who ever owns the bedroom please turn it back to the vic
- Check out http://www.eatwhitleybay.co.uk for information on Whitley Bay's pubs!
- Pier 39 is the best bar in the world! youve just gotta love the dj! girls, prepare to go weak at the knees! (you have no idea!)
- GO TO PIER 39!!!!!!!!! THE DJ IS FUCKIN MINT! (but hands off, he's mine! only jokin!)
- what was bar oz ;)
- Y-idols is now open till 2am,i was there on sat brill 2 female dancers but even better was the IDOLISTICS W O W 4 male dancers doin hot stuff lush lads..
- The Firestation is basically a Youth club. Blue nightclub is filled with 13 year old girls and the 45 year old married blokes trying to pick them up - classy. If you cant get served in the Fire Station then go home. Or try Fitzys..
- Yep if anyone is into pulling a charver Pier 39 is always a good one to get the scalleys off the stage. Up around Central Station is pretty good, people are down to earth
- Its gota be the Beacon
- Went round most of the bars in Whitley Bay and the best being Breeze bar next to Pier 39. Done out nice and with really good very up to date tunes.
- Rockcliffe Arms...the only proper pub left in central Whitley Bay (well, apart from the Fat Ox that is).
- South Parade is full of charvers and the doormen at 42nd street make you queue to get in even when its half empty
- theres alot of nuttas in whitley but in dundees there is a whole nest of them lol!
- the vic which has bin rebuilt now used to serve the "FRESH FACED CROWD" as it was!
- fire station is ok but no music and can be crowded. the 70's/80's bar above where the bakers used to be is cheap (rather nasty though). doesnt tend to refuse alot of entries.for later on blue and deep are supposed to be good.
- i dont pick up 16 year olds so get your facts straight otherwise if i finf out who you are you better watch yourselves.you r immature n have nothing better 2 write so tell me who you are.
- Dont drink in whitley unless your VERY FRESH FACED, im not saying that they are but most people who drink in whitley look about 16! On the other hand friday night is the other extreme its grab a grannie night over 35s only! So i would recomend the quay side to anyone with any sort of standards!
- It's a crying shame, but the Ave has shut, and it looks like it ain't coming back. Damn.
- Street Corners
- why has no one mentioned the ROCKCLIFFE the only proper boozer in Whitley Bay. The beers cock on, and as a bonus Lance drinks there.
- The Firestation has no atmosphere but is better for prices, anywhere else along south parade is only worth visiting if you require an orange box to stand on to be served at the bar [allegedly].
- WELL IF YOU CANT GET IN ANY OTHER PUB IN WHITLEY BAY THEN U GORA TRY SCOTTS BAR COZ THE ALCHOL IS CHEAP! THATS THE ONLY THING THAT ITS GOT GOING COZ THE DECOR IS CRAP, ONLY HALF THE DISCO LIGHTS WORK, AND THAT DJ MAYHEM NEEDS TO GIVE HIMSELF A SHAKE OR QUIT! OH AND IF YOU'VE LOST YOUR TEENY BOPPA THIS IS THE PLACE TO FIND THEM COZ ITS A MIXED YOUTH CLUB! NOTICE TO MANAGER..SELL UP!!!
- watch out for all the people who work and fiddle at scotts they are all tits you know who you are steve and john
- DO you like fleas? Then Rio's is the bar for you. go get 'em!
- The Station
- not for career women that's for sure. think benny hill but with less respect for women
- I have visited whitley bay three times now,since meeting my new girlfriend from monkseaton on holiday in portugal.Prague is cool and Idols is o.k but Deep is the best!
- All the pubs down South Parade are the same, only differing in decor. The only exception to the rule is Rio, which should be demolished immediately!
- Pubs are the best ever, I was born and bred in whitley bay and now live on a Spanish Island, there is no place like it, you miss it when your not there, especially the Pink Sauce from Pizza Cottage and the Indian Meals from Takdir with it's excellent service.
- DA BTEC BOYZ FROM TYNEMOUTH COLLEGE RECKON ZYNC IS DA BEST IN THE BAY TO GET SMASHED!! BTEC BTEC BTEC BTEC BTEC BTEC BTEC BTEC BTEC!!!!!!! PIMP DADDY!!!! BRIAN WRIGHT THE BIGGEST MAN IN THE WEST!!! CHAMBERS!!!!
- AVE, serving underage drinkers since 1904. Apparantly its been going downhill but its still pretty good. Nice music, better than doun Whitleyyyyy
- Fast eddies may it rest in peace... steve drew's house 4 He-Man BBQ's and a nap in a freezer..... The Ave (pile of shite but we luv it).... Bar Oz
- Great nightlife for all. Be there at Easter . You dont know what you,ve missed until you aint there any more!
- the shieling
- Seine Boat. just off waterville road (if u like old men though)
- The ave has loads of hippies but its still the best local in the bay. Prague is a good place to start a nite out and Idols is the best unless you're a ginger, fat, ugly or all 3.
- The Avenue is the only place if you happen to have slightly more alternative musical taste
- The av which is now just like every other pub but worse coz u knew what it USED to be like
- Tap and Spile, Park View, great real ales but no tabasco or worcester sauce for bloody mary,s, whereas Bar Oz do great ones!
- Most of Whitley Bay's pubs are crap. The only reason why they still have customers is because they entertain YOUNG people who have been out getting pissed on the sea front because they cannot get served in any of the pubs. The YOUNG ones should get a life and stay at home because it'll be way past their bedtime in any way.plus lisa naughton is sick of picking up 16 year olds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The Tap and Spile was full of old people last time I went in . The Vic gets extremly lively on weekends.
- 42nd Street & Eesy Street - Quality!!
- Prague a good pub on the whole if it didn't have the dancers especially the one with the big saggy tits who thinks she is gods gift to men and has the same dance routine to every song. Best barmaid is tereza even though she hasn't started yet.
- the AVE - well its that or spending an evening with the charvs in the bus shelters
- Prague where you can see all the slappas dancing especially one called with the big saggy tits in the glamour bikini
who does this crap thing with her bum.
Tynemouth Lodge Hotel where the bar staff are very friendly and one will even give you extra services at a small charge. Emma gives good head on all ales(and males)
- Follow the trail of orange make-up and scent of cheap perfume and it will lead you to the'Glitter' bars that is the main drag of Whitley Bay !
- The Avenue is the best pub in the Whitley Bay for the skatey and alterative types it is full off people just chilling out and having a good laugh. A bonus of the pub is the fact that it is the only pub that majority of the tiem plays good music.
- The Avenue the greatest pub in Britain
- the kittiwake the best
also the beehive
avoid south parade and drinking expensive piss with the chance of being hit just for not wanting a fight or having a tash
- As long as you've got drink you don't care what the scenery looks like.
- Tap - Traditional? Like the Avenue, it's a pub in a box with pre-packed staff.
Real pubs don't exist in Whitley anymore unless you know where to look, if you don't - you're not welcome
- Ten at least, look around, Monkseaton Arms is okay, bar at the skatepark too.
- Head for South Parade (opposite Woolworths) and head down the street. There are numerous bars on both sides of the street which will be teeming with young lads and lasses, dressed to the nines, getting lashed on traditional Northern ales (and Hooch). Dress to impress - labels mean a lot down the coast. Friday and Saturday nights are best. Pubs to look out for: Fitzgeralds, Eazy Street. 42nd Street, and Idols.
- Used to use the Beacon when I lived there - now the ruling is very strict - no kids at all unless accompanied by all 8 great grandparents. It's trying to be posh but is ending up just snooty
- Dozens - not for the feint-hearted at weekends. Cheap drinks and special offers means that people get very drunk very early in the evening. Queues at weekends for nearly all pubs and the bouncers are BIG
- Plenty Pubs, Most are shite try the shears for good beer and a lively atmosphere
- The Avenue is a quiet pub which has just been taken over by a major chain. A very studenty pub which recently tried to shake off its image but failed, in part. It's a great place to meet people though. The briardene is a more up-market pub, great for a quiet drink and good beer.
- All pubs OK,all pretty predictable, but the only pub that is traditional, where you can have a good craic/natter/etc. is the Tap & Spile, with Alf the best best landlord in Whitley Bay. For the slightest excuse, i.e. a Scotland match, he'll put a veritable banquet of haggis, neeps, tatties and allsorts on at no extra charge. All round good guy!
- Bar Oz is O.K. The Avenue used to be until recently
- The Avenue, man, the Av is the by far the best pub in Whitley. Fast Eddies is a dive but it's cool too.
- The Avenue was good but has just closed for conversion to 'family' pub (i.e flowers on walls).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: webmaster, Vicks, Adam Pearce, PG, Jeffrey Maughan, Shaz, Alan Luther, Lucy, Kasey, DRAWROD, Mr. Magoo, Mingin, Dave Klingberg, Rutt, Justin Hornsby, jon, Gazz Carruthers, Geordie, Claire, alex, Lora Mckenna, Mr Banerjee, vickie, Pilgrim, kerry naughton n linzi, Dave, Chris Stephenson, JOHN, adam, ROSS LEA, mogo juice, Norm West, Brian Claydon, emma carr, robbie, chris, WBN, rusty, Maccer, a dog named shep, Stephen Robertson, Amit, neil redpath, Lauz da feesh, Alan Tomass, N Boath, JAFFA, abbey, Billy Birarn, dirty slapper, sparkle, wrighty & Jonny, thos, Mike Clarke, stevenamin, Mark Berry, Lofty, Gary Carruthers, Lesley Muckle, mark wankowicz, jonny o, howard, mr f.w.hall, Mike, me, Simon Greaves, leckie, Christine, Sam, dick washington, tony, David Johnson, Evil, Chris Robson, Jonny, Trace, Sarah Knights, Adam Jackson, MrB, danielle, Gibbo, mark ensor, Robbie H, Alex M, CrisisTime, nickstar*, Lee Sylph, carly, Andy, paul, Ray@the Bay, Wardle, Shazza, Doris the man, Catherine, craig, stacey dun, Jen & her anonymous friend (Lou), robbiedigital, Stuk Sound Mel Jackson, Bob the Builder, tina turner , Steve O, Karl Ward, Kazza, frank hell, Carrie.M.McKenzie, James, Jack Hutton, Geoff P, Genna, Brian, carol, AL, BTEC, Jonathan Dowland, Laura, Guy Thouret, JohnBurn, graham, Khris, Colleen Bromilow, Heather, bubble, niki, pigbeast, Sharon, debbie kerrigan, James Kenyon, louise rees, The Pilgrim, michael brown, Joy Plage, euzah b, Matthew Peak, Marcia, dennis dillon, liam hunter, Miggaz Mitchell, Rew, emma, Ryan Boyd, Paul Blight, helen curry, generic, Paula's juicy bum , Bengall, liz, tim fawcett, Disco D (u know who), Townsy, Scott Carlucci, Anni & Raphaela, One of Many, Richard Combes, K.Ward, sdfgg, ash, Alex Robertson, sum1, Jamie Allatt, Stella, MR TUPLING
Last updated: 2012-05-17
More stuff about Whitley Bay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Whitley Bay Knowhere Board