Skateboarding Spots in Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Whitley Bay.
- Whitley bay skate park
- Amazing Skate park on the sea front opposite the Links. 2 deep bowls and loas of ramps grind rails etc
- THE BOOOOO! THE BEDROOM IS SHITE! BBOOO!!!!!
- Behind Park View mall there's a three set. Also, just near there are some sick banks in a car park for some community hall or summit.
- well it used to be the park but i got way 2 old
- valley gardens is gd there a bank a 2 set n waxed curb canny sweet.
erm WBHS is wkd they got 2 5 sets there sweet a 3 set the 3 set suks a bit tho a 4 set thats canny sweet erm it has a ollie manual thingy as well n waxed ledge n stuff.
down on the sea front is good theres an 8 set thts sweet theres some metal sand castles there sweet for nose n tail n board slides.
round the bak of marden bridge is good it has a 3 set n a gap wich is bowt 4 ft high n it over a flower patch thing n thts about 3ft long n then the landin is just smooth concrete.
between colorcoats and whitley bay theres a park which is in the shape on a bowl thts wkd.
along the road from woolworths n blockbusters theres a 3 set n a ramp near the model shop.
the spar on front street has a 2 set n a gay over a wall then a drop about 3-4ft high.
exebiton park in town is good not the best tho.
southshields skate park is good id say skatethere rather than exe its got better lines.
n theres a new parkk in morpeth.
if tou like 2 skate street then skate newcastle at the civic centre tht rocks but be warned if u get caught run sk8 like hell coz u get a fine.
whitley bay isnt the est but its all rite if u go bhind the new shoping centre theres a steep 3 set.
theres a steep 3 set at whitley lodge and about a 5ft high drop off.
indoor skatepark in sunderland is wkd its called blast go there.
- There really sint much in Whitley Bay since Scate City closed down, just some street spots left.
- there used to be skate city, but that closed, now theres nothing, you get moved if you attempt to skate in the street so go to newcastle
- sk8 city has shut down but 4 a better sk8 park there is exhibition park in newcastle its well better it hs 2 bowls some quarter pipes nd stuff like that.(its better than sk8 city)....also sainsburys is good 4 sk8ers because it has a curved waxed curb at the back outside of the car park nd its good 4 frontsliding nd royalind nd fastsliding :D
- down sea frount btween culla coats n whitley beach. dips down hill.. where i learn..
- Sk8 city
- skate city, where the hippies go and the charvas go to laugh at them fallin off thier skateboards! haha!
- again nowhere in whitley. i suggest by the old bandstand on the sea front.altho the grannies complain.
- on the entrance of Whitley High where the steps are.
- unfortunetly valley gardens yard
boring as hell for those who dont skate & just hav 2 sit there freezin ones ass off but it has a hill!!!!!!!! whoo hoo
actually i dont skate neither am i plannin 2 but i no stuff
- WHITLEY BAY LEISURE POOL
- preston grange next to the pub,some youngters have made themselves a canny street course
- the links, skate city,
- Skatecity is supposed to be good
- Whitley Bay Prominade.
- skateboarding punks(ranson+luther are prime examples) are boon shots.
Quite simply skateboarding is for sick virgins.
- WELLFIELD FIRST SCHOOL- Have to hop over the maximum security gates first though, but very smooth.
SAINSBURYS CAR PARK- Super smooth, but pisses off shoppers.
WBHS TENNIS COURTS- smooth, but boring as HELL.
- Fun City arcade, smallish skatepark, but cheap.
- Along the front and on the links.
- The park at the end of Grafton Road
- Fast Eddies indoor skatepark above the arcades: £3 every day, except Saturday ٣ including a band. Pretty good but mainly built for BMXs. There's a midi ramp with a couple of spines (both on the same side) one comes straight off the ramp, one's got a platform type thing in between - the ramp's meant to be really good (I didn't really do much on it 'cause I've never really skated a ramp before). There's a little street section as well, a couple of quarter pipes and a flat corner ramp thing. All the stuff's really well built and there's a bar and a cafe in there as well. It's £3 at the moment [5.96] 11am - 11pm, but it'll be going up to £5 in a bit, you can get into it through the Empress video game arcade thingy - or if you go through the Spanish City there's some stairs up to it (it's above the arcade).
- Eddies now also has a vert ramp and the street course is currently beingre-built with fun box and grind rails.
- Fast Eddies has shut down Skate City now open 100metres down the road (walking with the sea to your left) 2 mini's 1 flat rail 1 fun box Good if your in the area or if its raining Not a Wakefield or Radlands though Wednesday night skateboards only £2.50 a session open 1:30 pm weekdays 11:am Weekends Go to Newcastle for street though on the Metro train
- Fast Ed's of course, & WBHSchool.
- Skateboard Park has moved downstairs and about 50 metres to the right, with different owners.
- Rockliffe park - Cullercoats, still rocks
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: webmaster, Vicks, Adam Pearce, PG, Jeffrey Maughan, Shaz, Alan Luther, Lucy, Kasey, DRAWROD, Mr. Magoo, Mingin, Dave Klingberg, Rutt, Justin Hornsby, jon, Gazz Carruthers, Geordie, Claire, alex, Lora Mckenna, Mr Banerjee, vickie, Pilgrim, kerry naughton n linzi, Dave, Chris Stephenson, JOHN, adam, ROSS LEA, mogo juice, Norm West, Brian Claydon, emma carr, robbie, chris, WBN, rusty, Maccer, a dog named shep, Stephen Robertson, Amit, neil redpath, Lauz da feesh, Alan Tomass, N Boath, JAFFA, abbey, Billy Birarn, dirty slapper, sparkle, wrighty & Jonny, thos, Mike Clarke, stevenamin, Mark Berry, Lofty, Gary Carruthers, Lesley Muckle, mark wankowicz, jonny o, howard, mr f.w.hall, Mike, me, Simon Greaves, leckie, Christine, Sam, dick washington, tony, David Johnson, Evil, Chris Robson, Jonny, Trace, Sarah Knights, Adam Jackson, MrB, danielle, Gibbo, mark ensor, Robbie H, Alex M, CrisisTime, nickstar*, Lee Sylph, carly, Andy, paul, Ray@the Bay, Wardle, Shazza, Doris the man, Catherine, craig, stacey dun, Jen & her anonymous friend (Lou), robbiedigital, Stuk Sound Mel Jackson, Bob the Builder, tina turner , Steve O, Karl Ward, Kazza, frank hell, Carrie.M.McKenzie, James, Jack Hutton, Geoff P, Genna, Brian, carol, AL, BTEC, Jonathan Dowland, Laura, Guy Thouret, JohnBurn, graham, Khris, Colleen Bromilow, Heather, bubble, niki, pigbeast, Sharon, debbie kerrigan, James Kenyon, louise rees, The Pilgrim, michael brown, Joy Plage, euzah b, Matthew Peak, Marcia, dennis dillon, liam hunter, Miggaz Mitchell, Rew, emma, Ryan Boyd, Paul Blight, helen curry, generic, Paula's juicy bum , Bengall, liz, tim fawcett, Disco D (u know who), Townsy, Scott Carlucci, Anni & Raphaela, One of Many, Richard Combes, K.Ward, sdfgg, ash, Alex Robertson, sum1, Jamie Allatt, Stella, MR TUPLING
Last updated: 2017-04-28
More stuff about Whitley Bay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Whitley Bay Knowhere Board