Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear in Wigan, Greater Manchester*
Stockists of gear to make good sounds
You can tell us more about Wigan.
Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Symphony Music - Ashton. The largest guitar dealer in the Wigan region by far and able to supply almost anything musical. Tons of sheet-music and other stuff too.
- music 90 is probably the best instrument shop in wigan and if they"ve not got it in they will get it for you.
- haworth - classical & expensive
music90 - expensive
- haworth - classical & expensive
music90 - expensive
- not quite sure...oyes music 90
- Howarth's, very friendly. Music 90, cooler, but pretentious pricks.
- Music 90! as you come outta wigan town center past the new train station on ya left (wigan northwestern) its just down a lil bit before what use to be th'old B&Q
- Music 90, is what you might call -wright up our street. If they haven't got it, they'll get it. They got me my mixer, in the blink of an eye. Cheers Guy's.
- St Helens
- Music 90 - for all your musicaaal needs!
- MUSIC 90
- music 90 is down near Wigan Pier where tile mart used to be. A totally rockin' shack.
- Howarths but if you dont like being bombarded with jargon by a balding bloke who lives with his mum, try Music 90
- Music 90
- music 90 is good and howaths is good... guitars are good priced and strings and plecks arent too bad either
- the music shop near to the baths in town has all the instruments you could ask for
- Music 90(Across the road from wigan library)in wigan is a brilliant shop it has many electics, acoustics, basses, drums and all the other technical stuff. the staff there are really friendly at least they were from my experience. Howarths is just rubbish unless you have lots of money to spend they don't seem that all interested in what you like or what you're looking for.
- Howarths music shop on Library Street sells run-of-the-mill instruments and run-of-the-mill sheet music. One of the owners is one of the most miserable gits ever and doesn't deserve to be in business. Unfortunately its the only shop of its kind in Wigan, so useful for buying the occasional violin string.
- music 90 howarths cash converter
- Howarths on Library street and Music90 up the side of Yates' - near Dixons.
- 'Guitar City' just down from the Deanery has a selection of very cheap guitars especially Epiphones, for bands just starting out. You have to knock to get in now, but the staff are very helpful. Also cash converters opposite NW station sometimes gets good stuff in.
- music 90
- We bought all our stuff from Hawker and Howarth's (or Harkers, as I believe it is now called) and it was fine, although I remember the staff were a little grim and intimidating. But maybe that's cos I was a spotty little teenager not fit to be trusted!
- Howarth's on library street - ace for drums and guitars, limited synth range though...
- Dawsons of course, King Street
- Music 90. I have spent over £7000 in there over the years!! Flat Price Music on Frog Lane, run by born again Christians but worth a visit!! One suspects that not ALL the merchandise is strictly kosher, but that's just a rumour- unsubstantiaited, of course!
- Howarths sells good guitars, but the best is Muisc World in Frog Lane, in a dingy little shop there are some treasures, and the staff are nice too
- Dawsons... excellent staff and very helpful with a certain amount of bartering to be done....
- Try Music 90 near Yates Wine Lodge. Don't bother with Howarths- theres nowt in!
- Harker and Howarth have supplied my musical abilities for years!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ste, nutmeg, Chris Currie, Phil Hughes, laura, Satan, LOOPY LOU, mike rugen, Roger, Val Baxter, megan, h king, Joe, Eggchaser McPie, nobby, Loz Flynn, Neil Worthington, Dave Jones, PEMLAD, B.Rooty, Steph, daveyboy, Wigan MTB, david wilson, jan, ric 4star, Jason R, Jason Quigley, Charlie, AndySampson, john wood, lyndsay, mel, jenna cain, Daniel Brookes, martin rust, lorraine beever, omen, nicola, chris, Gemma, Jon Nolan, natasha gilligan, lee dunn, rachel, bibby, zeke, Jessabell, Norman Eastham, Spider-Man, diane belcher, DINO, Becca, jake, wide awake!, ,ark, A Shukie, Deborah Freeman, t unit, A wiganer, Derek Cheeseman, Donna, matt, Plattbridger, Matty Andrews, WOULDN'T U LIKE TO KNOW, jane downey, asdfgj, gail ross, sssssss, jayand the rest, Simon Keegan, amanda, kevin morley, Martin Horsfield, Cath Atherton, MARGARET, Richard Jones, Gerry Myers, Paul David Cushion, Tate, Pauline, Allan - Red Cat Studios, dave hilton, Alison, danielle, Bwiowne, paul cook, Caz King, ashwin, paul, James Lowe, natalie golden, d, not a pie eater, Don Wankshaft, rick, Jim, fran, curls, Frank Platt, tanya, Alan Moseley, kelty, James, Mike Sharkey, Steve Quadrant, Clive Molyneux, Iain Maiden, dave, Fuzzy, Berni, Brian, Scott, fff, lou, Deano, Gareth Jones, cat, RIK@FEVER, colette, paul halliwell, Lauren Twist, debblundell, lindsay, sandonred1, David, nothanks, lez, greeny, Tess Tickle, liam perry, Tophernor, yaz, sarah hyland, robin, lita, hairy, ali, ian, queenie12, knights, ianbarkley, Barb & Les (Australia), sarah j, emma, Martin Holland, daz, sam, gill, th e wazz, Karen Mullaney, generic, fhfhf, sharon, janette hart, SEDDON!, M. JACKSON, Jen, Michael, Chris H, Mosey, Aviva, adi, LOOPEY LOU, Iain Williams, p browne, 4 buttons adam, Sarah, MATT JONES, LiamReeve, andy, Kibble, maggie, Terry O'Keffe, Gary Busey, Alty, Anserine, Paul Gwyther, Peter Davies, beckydav, baz, Saundra Keeney, Rob, Rob jones, su biff, i w halliwell, Rik Kearsley, John, John Aston, bob lovejoy
Last updated: 2009-02-16
More stuff about Wigan
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wigan Knowhere Board