Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Witney, Oxfordshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Witney.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Michael Schumacher used to live on Burwell Meadow.
- David Cameron!
- Jack Straw has a house in Minster Lovell.
- umm, rumors of famous people living in near by villages such as kate moss in clanfield, i know robert lewellin used to go to henry box though
- yes 2 harry enfield. i served jack straw hes gorgeous! peter andre went 2 Henry Box. spotted ritchie from Five in Pundies!! (poundstretchers) buying underwear! lol!!
- I have served J from the x boy band 5ive in Unwins just after he came out of the channel 5 program The Farm.
- ok, Harry Enfield, he owns a house on church green, and rents it out. You know if you start and the begining of the field at the buttercross, looking at the church, on the left hand side, walk right to the end, there are 2 or 3 houses surrounded by a hedge, the first of that group is his.
- kryten from red dwarf got expelled from our school (henry box)
- It's true about Harry Enfield I know someone who saw him cycling through Ducklington too
- Robbie Mustoe who now plays professional football for some first -division side. Sorry, thats as good as it gets, folks!
- Rob Kemp famous traunt and detention seaker at Henry Box 70's - did he really die of a drugs overdose in Scotland or did we make it up to romantise our drab Witney lives ?
- my friends mum saw Harry Enfield on his bike cycling through Duck(lington)...honest!!
- Someone said that Pam Ayres lives around Witney area.....
- I once served hang-'em-and flog'em Home Secretary Jack Straw in Woolworth's. he bought a plug. A PLUG?! Why? And don't say "because he needed a plug."
- Tom Penny used to live around here.
- Ian Downs is a local radio dj for 102.6 FM who attende Wood Green School but i dont know where he lives now.
- That geezer form Blockbusters (i think it was Bob something lived down mill street when he was a child.
- David Waite, author and sometimes broadcaster
- Harry Enfield apparently lives in Witney but nobofy has ever seen him.
Douglas Hurd (Exactly)
- I think I saw some contestant off Gladiators in Sainsbury's once.
- Dave somone or other who was sidekick to Brian Horton (Oxford United Manager) used to live in Early Road. Brian Horton was a miserable *** !
- Patrick Steptoe (Test tube baby Doctor) was born here and attended the grammar school (now Henry Box)
- Robert Llewellyn (Kryten, Red Dwarf) was expelled from Henry Box for writing a swearword on the old building. And his dad used to work in a building society there...
- Actors John Hurt and Colin Baker (ex-Dr Who) used to live nearby - my Mum saw them in Waitrose (but don't know if they still do).
Two girls who went to my old school (Henry Box, ex-Grammar School) both went on to become actresses and have been on TV - they are Natalie Ogle and Diana Hardcastle (who was in a sitcom that I've forgotten the name of).
My brother had a friend called Paul Whitehead who worked for Apple Records, and designed the early album covers for Genesis.
- The Beatles once stayed in the Windrush Inn.
- Douglas Hurd lived nearby when he was Home Secretary. (Literally bumped into him in Waitrose. No secret service men with guns !! ) We also have Pam Ayres,-- shops in Waitrose Saw Elvis in there , of course.
- Harry Enfield lived here, I don't know if he still does
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Phoebe, Derek, Juliette Sheridan, Steve Wilkinson, Karen Wiles, James Ridgers, Laura Chambers, Lucy, sylvia, Jac, Jim, Angela Little, Lott"99"., Paul Freeman, Becky, JC, euan, Jesus Arkwright, dave, Kimberly Pinker, Melanie Johnstone, Pete Dorward, Simon Hall, Grant Dawson, Tom, Ryhan Clarke, adam, Andrew, Pete, Debbie Warner, Richard, norb, UglyTony, Robin Yates, Serena Martin, vanessa, Denise Beaumont, Lee Rainbow, Gemma, Jane, Mike C, phil oneill, Darren Smith, Rachel Ealey, Anne Harris, tim lovegrove, Eleanr Reid, luke fry, Bill, Andi Currie, Adrian Gargan, DDavies, john, Pete Henn, Jim Hudson, generic, DELloyd, Paul Long, adam robitsons, PmB, Sam, Jen, lucy willows, ashley partlett, RICHARD KAYE, PJ Dorward, V, Angela, Row, Shelley Barlow, sylv, Hannah, Jason, m, Lee Adams, JCFW, Bryan channon, Gavin, john Marketingq
Last updated: 2013-10-25
More stuff about Witney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Witney Knowhere Board