Hookup Spots in Witney, Oxfordshire*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Witney.
- We always have a great laugh sitting under the bus shelter on Market Square and watching all the boy-racers parade their cars up and down and up and down and... You get the picture!
The leys are just ledgendary too!
- church green, the Lasher(bathing house) and duck lake...however this is only in the summer...winter is shocking for going out unless you 18
- All sorts of naughtinesses used to occur "down the old railway station" years ago (after it was closed down in the 60s) but I guess that whole area has all been built on now?
- The green cold seating thing on the leys and the skate park and the buttercors for the skanks of witters!
- Sainsburies Benches!!!!
- the new skate park that was set up last summer on the leys is normally the place to be, people from all over come to see it, whether drunken or sober or even stoned, no camera a.t.m so no worries bout shit like that
- Quite a new place to all those older, is 'The Cove' found in the allyway next to boots, a nice little area which catchs the sun in the summer and is undercover for the winter. Perfect.
- The Leys Skatepark...or if u get bored and want to experience the highlife, why not get the bus out to Bampton Skate park...they're on the edge out there !
- Does anybody know of the burwell massive. Their pastimes include sitting on walls, standind by walls and smoking fags at burwell shops. they say theyre from the ghetto. But their not.
- The Bushes ie the water pumping station at the back of Cogges Estate. Drinking and more with a bunch of wasters.
- Behind the ATC hut at Henry Box School 1969 - 1975 with Rob Kemp
- if you live near witney it had to be the pond in Ducklington anyone remember the pond gang???
- Seems like anywhere in the middle of town really! If you are under 20, have a souped up car (something with an exhaust that sounds like it's blowing, tinted windows, furry dice etc., then Waitrose car park is the place for you.
- On the green in nice sunny weather! Great for a picnic or somewhere to sit down for a while
- I've just stumbled upon this website and am laughing out loud! The Wench Bench - I didn't realise so many other people called it that too! Dodgy birds r us more like! The same girls that run their push-chairs and prams into your ankles while walking round 'New Look'! Hook up spot - are none of you from Wood Green area? We used to get drunk down the school field or on the adjoining 'rec.' on Newland. Great times (though we didn't think so at the time, especially in Winter!) What an honour it was when we were 16 to be able to get in the pub, any pub, by pretending we were 18. Happy Days, love Witney :-)
- No one must miss the KEBAB van, religously in Top Waitrose car park until vey late. The best in the county I would say and you could meet a few mates there ot indeed the boys, with girlies, in their supped up Fiesta's or Metro's. How sad. BUT GREAT KEBABS, especially after a skin full.
- Base 33 is a great place for youngsters to go. They have plenty of activities to keep you entertained and lots of people the same age to chat to. It is a christian run club that aims to help youngsters stay off the sreet and getting into trouble.
- The smiths estate crew of '95-'97 hung around smiths shops or the old abandoned barn (now been renevated) and sometimes Bourton after the 2 crews joined together. We carved all the crews initials in a tree, might be worth seeing if they are still there :)
- Under the Buttercross, or ouside the CO-OP.
- sainsbury's car park
- Yep, that'll be 'Slappers Bench' at the entrance to the Woolgate centre. A girl I went to school with actually called her kids Freeman, Hardy and Willis after the shop that used to be by the hallowed bench of teenage mothers. Well, we like to think she did anyway.
- Well it would have to be the green bench on the Leys or possibly just wandering the town centre for hours in the freezing cold wondering what on earth you did exactly to desevre having to live here.
- Weeeeeeeell....it would have to be the Green Bench on the Leys!, famous meeting piont for "The Klan" ::wink,wink::.......A big "HIGH" to all the members, from Lott"99".(u know who u r!)
- The Leys was great for bunking off college and having a few cans of cider on a sunny atfernoon. Also the lake just outside Ducklington was a quiet spot to get away from it all when you were 14!
- "THE WENCH BENCH" Bench Found Outside Adams Kids Shop on the witney Highstreet, Ideal If you are a spotty Slapper spice With at least 3 kids.
- Outside the Eagle Vaults seems to be a regular meeting spot, as well as Smarts on the Market Square.
- On the steps of the Buttercross, under the arches of the Masonic Hall, the benches in the Market Square, and down by the Leys.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Phoebe, Derek, Juliette Sheridan, Steve Wilkinson, Karen Wiles, James Ridgers, Laura Chambers, Lucy, sylvia, Jac, Jim, Angela Little, Lott"99"., Paul Freeman, Becky, JC, euan, Jesus Arkwright, dave, Kimberly Pinker, Melanie Johnstone, Pete Dorward, Simon Hall, Grant Dawson, Tom, Ryhan Clarke, adam, Andrew, Pete, Debbie Warner, Richard, norb, UglyTony, Robin Yates, Serena Martin, vanessa, Denise Beaumont, Lee Rainbow, Gemma, Jane, Mike C, phil oneill, Darren Smith, Rachel Ealey, Anne Harris, tim lovegrove, Eleanr Reid, luke fry, Bill, Andi Currie, Adrian Gargan, DDavies, john, Pete Henn, Jim Hudson, generic, DELloyd, Paul Long, adam robitsons, PmB, Sam, Jen, lucy willows, ashley partlett, RICHARD KAYE, PJ Dorward, V, Angela, Row, Shelley Barlow, sylv, Hannah, Jason, m, Lee Adams, JCFW, Bryan channon, Gavin, john Marketingq
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Witney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Witney Knowhere Board