Buskers, Street Entertainers in Witney, Oxfordshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Witney.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Inbreeding is rife in Witney, just look around the streets and see the wonderful freaks and mutants that live in the town, in fact the only normal people are the ones the rest of society would consider freaks!
- syksie!! the local drunk on west end bridge, dunno if hes about anymore though
- syksy was the best unfortunatly hes now passed away. he was my m8s uncle. bless.
- Stopped seeing the nutter in shorts anywhere about the start of 2005. His shorts are faded red now though, and a bit too short. Still used to shoot at you whilst holding his parts with the other hand mind.
- The guy who pretends to shoot at cars at the bottom of oxford hill by the bus stop, always in lepperd print shorts.
- Michael at the Butter Cross? Or on the bridge? Or has he died now? if he had a win on the horses, hed be there. Anyway, amazing bloke, like an oracle. sits there with his bag of high res booze, bottles in bag, wearing shorts even in december showing off his big thighs. he is the proof to science: immunity to flu and sickness by alcohol and bearing all weathers. so close down them scientific faculties in oxford. its all been solved. send the money to him instead.
- Does anyone remember 'Old Sykes'y'? always sat on the bridge on bridge street, the wall at the bottom of newland or on the buttercross in his lepored skin winter outfit? Brillant! He's such a laugh!
- ..watch out for the drunk guy on the bridge in High Street.
- That cute little punk/rock guy with long shorts, a beanie and piercings! Aaaawww!
- 'syksey' local alcoholic, shoots car wheels with his fingers in a gun shape, with realistic sound effects to match
- The slightly worrying people who wander around witney muttering to themselves or fiddling with things they shouldn't be etc...
- What about the old guy who wanders from pub to pub -even at his stately age - and orders a pint of Guiness in each til he falls down! He wears a battered old tweed trilby covered in all sorts of badges, feathers and other memorabilia. You must have seen him and laughed no doubt but hes actually quite a character who worked for Winston Churchill during the war on the Blenheim estate. Not every picture paints a true story...
- I am sorry, but the local hero for me is that beanie headed little punk rock dude who walks around witney (Beanies range from Cure to pub names). He is always drunk, can't get in places; and apart from looking like Travis from Blink 182; IS punk/rock! Arrrrr...
- The drunk punk/rock kid whos always drunk, and wearing a beanie! Arrrrr.....
- I think the bloke who plays the steel drum outside the Cross Keys pub on Witney High Street on saturdays is GREAT! He really livens the town up and, especially when it's sunny, makes everything seem happy and relaxed! Keep playing steel drum man :-)
- The whole town is a joke. Go to watch various people drinking in the streets, kids running riot and occasionally a man playing an african drum. Also a man walking around claiming that we are all going to die because God has chosen us.
If you have an active imagination, you can go and just mocj the public.
- You have to come and see the bloke who sometimes stands outside The Keys and brings a (little) bit of Jamaica into Witney by playing on his steel drums!!!
- Yep, the old geyser with the tin-drum rules.
- EMMA BARTLETT!
- Saturdays you can hear either an elecrified flautist (quite haunting) or a steel drum player.
- Very few - used to have an old boy playing drums in a sort of hick-cowboy outfit! Fun for a Saturday morning!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Phoebe, Derek, Juliette Sheridan, Steve Wilkinson, Karen Wiles, James Ridgers, Laura Chambers, Lucy, sylvia, Jac, Jim, Angela Little, Lott"99"., Paul Freeman, Becky, JC, euan, Jesus Arkwright, dave, Kimberly Pinker, Melanie Johnstone, Pete Dorward, Simon Hall, Grant Dawson, Tom, Ryhan Clarke, adam, Andrew, Pete, Debbie Warner, Richard, norb, UglyTony, Robin Yates, Serena Martin, vanessa, Denise Beaumont, Lee Rainbow, Gemma, Jane, Mike C, phil oneill, Darren Smith, Rachel Ealey, Anne Harris, tim lovegrove, Eleanr Reid, luke fry, Bill, Andi Currie, Adrian Gargan, DDavies, john, Pete Henn, Jim Hudson, generic, DELloyd, Paul Long, adam robitsons, PmB, Sam, Jen, lucy willows, ashley partlett, RICHARD KAYE, PJ Dorward, V, Angela, Row, Shelley Barlow, sylv, Hannah, Jason, m, Lee Adams, JCFW, Bryan channon, Gavin, john Marketingq
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Witney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Witney Knowhere Board