Live Music Venues in Witney, Oxfordshire*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Witney.
Live Music Venues
- gigs in the langdale or pubs!
- Rowing machine, the plough, the Robin Hood, the new inn, the chequers etc.
- the pit, red lion, youth center, field(trying to hook up a summer gig down the skatepark)
- A couple of the local pubs have rooms for bands
- A recent impromptu stroll down Corn Street unearthed Ned Kelly playing in the Eagle Tavern one Sat night so its seriously time to update your records about the tavern now its been rehauled and represented. Gone are the cobweb covered OAPs and ancient decor replaced by life, music and real laughter. The apparently permanent seal on its old doors has long been removed and the atmosphere is both welcoming and refreshing. Landlady informs me that local bands will be a regular feature from now on.
- The best is either the Red lion (Barn) or the Pit (Holly Bush). Both very small, which means you get talknig to a LOT of people. Can be good and bad really!
- The Pit (back of the hollybush). Back in the days of 97/98, the thriving scene in and around Oxford meant some ace bands played there. But why did most of the Witney bands want to be the Pixies???
- Some good bands in the Barn out the rear of the Red LION. Good for pulling slappers as well, if you are into that sort of thing...
- The Red Lion (Barn) now has it's own web site you can find it at www.redlionwitney.co.uk
- The Pit at the Hollybush
The Barn at The Red Lion
Both are not too bad actually however, anyone aged over 20 may want to avoid the Pit as I think Nirvana broke up in 1994.
- the pit , ok so its not that big but its good for young bands
- Now The Red Lion for us 30 somethings
- The Pit, Can be found Out the Back of the Holly Bush
- 'The Barn' - some good live music, behind the Red Lion in Corn Street
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Phoebe, Derek, Juliette Sheridan, Steve Wilkinson, Karen Wiles, James Ridgers, Laura Chambers, Lucy, sylvia, Jac, Jim, Angela Little, Lott"99"., Paul Freeman, Becky, JC, euan, Jesus Arkwright, dave, Kimberly Pinker, Melanie Johnstone, Pete Dorward, Simon Hall, Grant Dawson, Tom, Ryhan Clarke, adam, Andrew, Pete, Debbie Warner, Richard, norb, UglyTony, Robin Yates, Serena Martin, vanessa, Denise Beaumont, Lee Rainbow, Gemma, Jane, Mike C, phil oneill, Darren Smith, Rachel Ealey, Anne Harris, tim lovegrove, Eleanr Reid, luke fry, Bill, Andi Currie, Adrian Gargan, DDavies, john, Pete Henn, Jim Hudson, generic, DELloyd, Paul Long, adam robitsons, PmB, Sam, Jen, lucy willows, ashley partlett, RICHARD KAYE, PJ Dorward, V, Angela, Row, Shelley Barlow, sylv, Hannah, Jason, m, Lee Adams, JCFW, Bryan channon, Gavin, john Marketingq
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Witney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Witney Knowhere Board