The Best Things in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Wootton Bassett.
The Best Things
- This town has always been very good at complaining. The oldest illustration of the High Street shows a demo. Brunel wrote of the bother the town gave him when he tried to push the Paddington-Bristol railway line through (the town was a major coaching halt), and the townsfold recently voiced their opinions about a miserable section 106 agreement that was offered, and got another large building added to the gift (namely the Brewery, the one we want to convert to an arts centre).
- That bench at the lake! sacred!
- The Pet Shop in Aspley Arcade called Bassett Pets. Very helpful staff and low prices. Best Pet shop for miles. Nice rabbits, Guineas, Gerbils, Birds & Fish sold.
- The people are very friendly and not bad tempered like the people in Surrey were. The parking is free if you can find a space. Crime is very low. Second best in the country I have heard. Housing is very cheap. (Well it is compared to Surrey which isn't as nice as Wiltshire). Its handy to get to the M4 which flows when those moronic tailgaters stop crashing into each other and causing it to be closed for hours.
- Free parking in the High Street & in Borough Fields Car Park
Very Friendly people
Some pubs sell Wadworths 6x
Close to M4
Wootton Bassett Library
- loads of pubs on the high street for the mandatory weekend pub crawl but don't expect any classy joints 'cos Bassett boys only drink lager
- Wootton Bassett High School. Best in the country last year, and not so far down the list this year!
The local cops are ok too, if you keep on the right side of them, they'll leave you alone. Give them uphill, they'll give it back double.
- Bassett Lake. It's great If you like ducks and trees! Even has a little park for the kids.
- Excellent primary schools.
- Wonderful, friendly people.
The wide High Street, with a building in the middle of the road! Honestly!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: J Georgiou, Peter Sammon, Watty, Janet, Fr Bernard Garratt, Sarah Turner, Delia, jenny, quinches, Janet Georgiou, John Cox, marcus, stuart davies, alison jones, katie crews, Louisianax, Darryl Wilks, Dave Gardner, tapeman, Victoria Benson, Kris, tape monkey, arabella, Nathan Fisher, Sam Musto, Antony Martin, generic, Paul Flack
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Wootton Bassett
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wootton Bassett Knowhere Board