Buskers, Street Entertainers in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Wootton Bassett.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- We have a town crier.
- The Town Crier was always a bit of a celeb. dont kno if hes still alive tho
- There is a homeless person with a dog that turns up about twice a year and sets up shop in Boroughfields, but he doesn't do any busking. I wonder where he is the rest of the year. He could get some 'on tour' t-shirts printed with the dates he's in various places. He could gain cult status....people would follow him around the country.
- The Sheriff - once seen eating a raw onion in the High Street.
- The Sheriff spotted eating a whole onion as if it were an apple (1987)
- From time to time the town council close the high street to do a festival of some sort, eg at Christmas they put on a Dickensian evening with the firemen doing the full (half) monty.
- Occasional mouth organist under the arches in Boroughfields (presumably because it's dry) - don't know how generous the locals are though.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: J Georgiou, Peter Sammon, Watty, Janet, Fr Bernard Garratt, Sarah Turner, Delia, jenny, quinches, Janet Georgiou, John Cox, marcus, stuart davies, alison jones, katie crews, Louisianax, Darryl Wilks, Dave Gardner, tapeman, Victoria Benson, Kris, tape monkey, arabella, Nathan Fisher, Sam Musto, Antony Martin, generic, Paul Flack
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Wootton Bassett
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wootton Bassett Knowhere Board