Live Music Venues in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Wootton Bassett.
Live Music Venues
- The pubs often have live music. Watch the blackboards. Also check with Brian Taylor Music shop, who is the local box office and can tell you what's coming up.
- Often there are live bands in the local pubs (look at the blackboards and A4 posters in the windows)
- Beaufort Arms, Station Road - Live Music Every Friday Night. Jam Nite Every Tuesday from 7.30pm. Karaoke most Sundays from 7.30pm
- The Rockit Dolls are back! Keep an eye on www.rockit-dolls.co.uk for updates.
- My previous entry on the WB band scene omitted: OPA (formed as the Lads in 1984, now called Three Cock Shirt - 19 years and still no gigs), The Ginger Peaches (Jack Klugman For President? could only be better than Bush), Battlemetalments, The Lunch, Amphetamine Drag and Modesty Blaise (whose drummer now sits on the stool for King Prawn). And from the various ashes of these (and the previous mentioned groups), we now have Two Sick Monkeys.
- THE BAND ROOM MUSIC REHEARSAL AND RECORDING STUDIO NEAR MARLBOROUGH WILTSHIRE
TELEPHONE 07855590280 FOR DETAILS
- The Angel is a very good pub for music if you like dance music. Youngish crowd (18-30), some attractive girls. Very loud so you need to shout to be heard.
- Beaufort Arms ocassionally has bands as does the Red Lion
- Not so much to do with venues - more to do with the burgeoning WB music scene, which possibly peaked between 1988 and 1992, spearheaded by Cut Throat Razor (Dave Makepeace, RIP) - the only band to appear every year at the much missed Town Gardens - and taking in such giants as the Rockit Dolls (kings of the chip shop poster campaign), Cupid Stunt, KGB, and the longest running band in WB's history, the Acoustic Junkies.
- The Cross Keys has a band most weeks or karaoke but if you are a music lover then avoid these nights and stay indoors.
- The Town Local, Station Road - Jazz.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: J Georgiou, Peter Sammon, Watty, Janet, Fr Bernard Garratt, Sarah Turner, Delia, jenny, quinches, Janet Georgiou, John Cox, marcus, stuart davies, alison jones, katie crews, Louisianax, Darryl Wilks, Dave Gardner, tapeman, Victoria Benson, Kris, tape monkey, arabella, Nathan Fisher, Sam Musto, Antony Martin, generic, Paul Flack
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Wootton Bassett
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wootton Bassett Knowhere Board