Pubs in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Wootton Bassett.
- Crown Hotel, High Street. Real ale. Good food, accommodation from £25 pppn. Good gen knowledge quiz Tuesdays, music quiz Thursdays, 8.30pm starts.
Angel Hotel now closed undergoing long-drawnout renovations. ETA not known.
Town Local recently closed but may be re-opening soon.
- Curriers Arms, Waggon and Horses, WMC, 5 Bells, Red Lion, Angel, Prince of Wales, Woodshaw Inn, Beaufort Arms, Churchill House
- At the woody (woodshaw). dont worry, pete has gone and the new ppl r cool. cross keys is also gd.
- hey you've foggotten about the amazing 5 bells, the with the amazing views to open farming fields real ale..
- For very good food I would recommend the Town Local. Also sells excellent beer.
The bar menu during the week is very cheap as well but not available at weekends when you have to order from the slightly more expensive menu.
The Woodshaw has a friendly crowd but the landlord is the most bad tempered. I expect he will die of a heart attack soon the way he carries on. (Chill out Pete, for your own good).
- The Woodshaw is a good pub as far as food goes but beer is not my favourite.
The Prince of Wales at the Coped Hall roundabout looks scruffy on the outside but is nice inside and does good food and good beer though I have heard it has just changed hands so I don't know what it is like now.
- Try the Cross Keys,Old Nick,Cross Keys,Crown,Angel,Borough Arms(creme de menthe compulsory),Cross Keys,JJ's pub crawl route.Many other variations tried but this seems to be the best.
- The Wagon and Horses
- Try the Bells, The Cross Keys, or The Curriers just 3 of the 30 odd Pubs in a town with a Population of under 5000!!
- The Angel. Great it you want to meet yer mates and in my case my nephew. (He works behind the bar)
- The High Street has to have the largest number of pubs per capita in not just the UK, but the World! Probably the present 'raison d'etre' of this historic town.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: J Georgiou, Peter Sammon, Watty, Janet, Fr Bernard Garratt, Sarah Turner, Delia, jenny, quinches, Janet Georgiou, John Cox, marcus, stuart davies, alison jones, katie crews, Louisianax, Darryl Wilks, Dave Gardner, tapeman, Victoria Benson, Kris, tape monkey, arabella, Nathan Fisher, Sam Musto, Antony Martin, generic, Paul Flack
Last updated: 2009-08-01
More stuff about Wootton Bassett
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wootton Bassett Knowhere Board