The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Wootton Bassett.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Graham's Books (for weird & wonderful) based in Bassett but internet accessible via Abebooks search. Interesting selection of local, henge, mystical, walking books.
- THE BEAUFORT VISION: - As part of a section 106 agreement, the town has been given a large brewery building to convert into a performing and visual arts centre to include: Tiered theatre, external amphitheatre, galleries, practice rooms, recording studio, arts and crafts units, kiln, cafe/bar etc. FUNDING IS NEEDED. See www.freewebs.com/beaufortvision for more information.
- the Wootton Bassett Mud Springs - a unique microbiologican and paleontological site, known worldwide within those disciplines but completely ignored by the town. It's a SSSI and is barb-wired off from the public, so only 12-year-old boys on BMXs can get to it.
- Wootton Bassett is just like anywhere you may happen to live. It's not where you live, it's what you make of it!
- Okay, who actually voted for the Head of Wootton Bassett School as Headmaster of the Year for the South West??? Find me a pupil who actually knows what the Head even looks like.
- This is a really boring site compared to some of the others. All that 'can you trace my uncle's dog' and 'I want to rent a house'. Have a look at the Prestatyn knowhere site and see how it's done. Come on you Bassett lot-sort it out!
- Wootton Bassett is a great town. Its close to ameneties like Swindon without actually being part of Swindon (yet). I can get to both London in a couple of hours or Exeter in Devon in a couple of hours.
- I moved here a year ago from Surrey and it's a million times better. The people are more friendly by far (as Surrey people seem to be a bunch of violent thugs that's not difficult). There is less traffic in Wiltshire anyway and the quality of life is much higher.
- Bassett really needs a kick. Sort yourselves out no wonder teen pregnancy is so high. They are all so flipping bored.
- St Bart's Church has a 6.0 pm Sunday PRAISE with new Californian-style all electric music group EVERY FIRST SUNDAY OF MONTH.
- Wootton Bassett has the CARLSBERG OFF-LICENCE OF THE YEAR gracing its High Street - namely, Unwins (awarded November 1999).
Wootton Bassett also boasts an astonishing number of child paramilitary organisations (cubs, scouts, brownies, etc.)
- Churches: St Bartholomews (CofE) - Bells and incense, pipe organ, etc.
The Catholic Church - "nice" new building - can't miss it!
The Methodist Church - Teas on Tuesdays, Kids Praise on Mondays.
The URC Church - The Hive parent/toddler Thursday am.
Wootton Bassett Community Church - Healing 1st Tues.evening each month
All have Sunday morning worship - St Barts has midweek stuff too.
- Wootton Bassett is smalltown, small-minded HELL ON EARTH. Please flatten it immediately.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: J Georgiou, Peter Sammon, Watty, Janet, Fr Bernard Garratt, Sarah Turner, Delia, jenny, quinches, Janet Georgiou, John Cox, marcus, stuart davies, alison jones, katie crews, Louisianax, Darryl Wilks, Dave Gardner, tapeman, Victoria Benson, Kris, tape monkey, arabella, Nathan Fisher, Sam Musto, Antony Martin, generic, Paul Flack
Last updated: 2009-08-01
More stuff about Wootton Bassett
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wootton Bassett Knowhere Board