Sports Clubs and Facilities in Workington, Cumbria*
Football pitches, Clubs, Teams, Rugby, Cricket, Swimming Pools, Tennis, Martial Arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Gyms, Leisure Centres, etc.
You can tell us more about Workington.
Sports Clubs and Facilities
- the most common sport in workington is sleeping with old birds 50+
- A poor football ground and rugby ground
- carniege= dancing other spots judo futty athletics sport centre with absolutly loads to do to swimming to squash its a really good spot old like but its kk
- Moorclose sports hall, (could do with a revamp to take it out of the 70's)
- WESTPORTS pitch. it,s da yan behind chippy down mossbay. luks like sumyan drop a fuken heroshima on it. but westport r da best team da sunday league has eva seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The Mighty Wukinton Reds Football Club.
- theres moorclose sports centre and theres loadsa fields jst 2 knock about on and av a kick abowt on
- Moorclose Swimming Pool and sports center. Theres loads of football/rugby/karate/dancing/trampoling/gymnastics that go on there.
- Hokushinko! Ultimate Fighting! wickid!
- errm, moorclose swimmen baths and southfield sports hall
- Sports centre is pretty good for sports etc, plus their new gym is bettr.
- There's a new stadium opening near tescos in a few years as part of the regeneration thingy and theres a judo/karate thing behind st johns church in town
- Derwent Park. UP THE TOWN. Everyone who reads this, come down Derwent Park for the 2006 Season. We are the nutters at the back with the drum. Come over and sing wid uz.
- UPPIES AND DOWNIES IS THE BEST GAME EVA CREATED. ITS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED THO. MAINLY MEN AND OLD TEENS TAKE PART AS IT IS ROUGH. BIG UP THE UPPIES! THIS YEAR I ENDED UP IN HOSPITAL GETTING 14 STITCHES IN MY FOOT BECAUSE I LOST MY TRAINERS IN THE RIVER AND THE RAN HALF A MILE WITH NO FOOTWEAR AN THEN GOT GLASS AND DIRT IN MY FOOT. AT LEAST WE WON THO! LOL! CARNT WAIT 4 NEXT YEAR. WORKINGTON TIL I DIE!
- RUGBY LEAGUE: the only decent point about the town. Even then its full of numpties:- 'lets git oot there and batter them eh?'
- Our local tradition Uppies and Downies!
- Sports Centre, Swimming Baths, Tennis Courts loadsa stuff
- fuckin backyard boxing.. down seaton.. anything goes... no guns please!! this shit is serious
- Uppies and Downies is totaly superduper
come on UPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- borough!!go on macca u nice player
- RUGBY ID DA BEST ROUND WORKINGTON COZ ZEBRAS N TOWN BOTH RULE ND ALSO I PLAY FOR ZEBRAS SO I THINK THEY ABSOLUTELY CLASS N IF ANY 1 UNDA 16 WANA CUM DOWN N TRAIN THEN IT ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6 TILL BOWT 8
- everyone who has writton a load of crap on this site is the reason workington is such a shitty dive. get a life you losers!
- British steel fc's full of ponces who are scared to get there hair messed up. Salterbeck destroyed them last week 9-2. Even with the steels strike partnership (ooooooh) to be worried about.
- SPEEDWAY WOW WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT.ROUND A TRACK 3 TIMES COOL THATS HARD.GET A LIFE SADDOS!!THE PEOPLE THAT BUY THE CRAP JACKETS ARE PRATTS.AND THAT CARL SONEFAG IS NOTHING.PUT HIM AGAINST PROPER PEOPLE AND HE LOSES.
- u can go Moorclose sports centre to do most stuff!
- Burgh F.C The greatest football club in the sunda league (Damm Straight)
- RuGBY, U r in WOrkington, zebs and town both rule~ dont go to jam land
- reds, zebras and town
- sports centre
- tiddlywinks club at trades hall, pockets snooker club, the bowling green, steam packet backstroke club
- british steel football team have alot of fit blokes playing for them/ jon and mark benson are a striking partnership to be worried about!!!!!
- OOh when not supporting tacky town and singing 'Simply the best' you could try Workington Reds, or for some real sport what about the Ship Inn for some darts?
- Workington Reds ..a cracking little football team well worth a visit if playing.
- Flimby Vikings RULE ALL...........
- UP THE MIGHTY TOWN, HAVEN ARE CRAP. WORKINGTON REDS ARE DOING ALRIGHT UNDER CASSIDY, STONEY FOR TOWN MAYOR
- theres a shity swimming pool 4 larl kids but nowt 4 our age group
- the sport center at moorclose its supposter be okay for old ladies.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: big john, yeti, Ellen Pearson, birmzlad, Victoria Heron, tim harris, unkle cracker, maria, big G, Bod, chantelle, Liam Acton, Daniel Fletcher, hello, =d3aN=, lucy, futumch, speed, Charlotte Nutter, bobmarley, Deborah, mel, W McAllister, spuddy, nicola, Steve Irving, Pixy, Mark Robertson., baddogno1, no7bongo, indredcold, Mark williams, David Bell, Lynsey, Jody Philip, bruce, Martin Wheeler, ellie carson, booyaka bob, Mike, DOUGAL, me, NATHAN 'THE CURSE' THOMPSON, Julie Sloan, william "Numo" Baker, Adam Thompson, dobby, denli, tracey, neil harper, gemma, chezza, Nath, amac, jessie, Caz, NIKKI, BOB, Angela, Chris Herbert, Claire lister, craptash, Ian Leech, Nathan, Ste, shaun tomson, Kev Norman, Phil "The Cat" Thomas, amy, Dawn and Kerry, andrew o'connor, Benneth, dave turner, Claire Roberts, james, Kylie, Vito, Lindz n dave, Yaka, Martin Leigh, pamella anderson, john mev, Darren tyson, emily, Annabel Clark, qezus, z, Paul Giles, ??????, hugh, anna, clarice, blaise, john mcvay, moffster, barry moore, TIBBLE, Lindsey Boardman, alison, jmallaby, andrew sherwin, paul matthews, zoony, robertcoulter, Craig Nash, mesh, Graham Caton, brillo1970, joanne, dave fidler, b shamim, Me me, Richard Lee, emma, moo, p bragg, tony hooper, Stinky Pete, susan, djdobby, Morten Dahl, BRY, generic, LINDSEY BOARDMAN., penny, Jen, Kayleigh Creighton, alex.c., blade13, borat, LESLIE CATON, mORGAN, nicola, fred, MUCKSPREADER1, Hugh_Jwan@hotmail.com, JANE, Hannah, lamby, martha, simon boyd, emma d, Mike crawford, shauna, jas, Gavin, POD, johndog, sophie, nigle, Sam currie, kerry, shaun, Rick, g, AshBag, meagan hunter, vicky k, emz, squeek, Al, DAN KERRUSH, dale hilton, tony hawk, cheryl, !!, sammy dodds, Vicky, moff, ray mcDonagh, bob michaels, TIBBLE, Joe ovagruwn, jabba, Jos Roberts, Celia Tibble, 21st century boy, katie, Wobit, Jude, POSKET, lora, Simon Renkin, JOE WILDE, dez, John Brunton, Nathan Thompson (seaton), Jane & Olivia, stephen, Yaka Yarnold, chucky, viv, ayre, Paul Brew, jamz`, charlotte brown, josh harden, barney, jack, dougle, paul dobson, John Armin, teasdale, ?, stephen gardiner, joe, melvin, Alex, Candy legs, damien miller, benn sanderson, S Thompson, axl, Wendy, wouldnt u like to know, Doofus, alison hall, david brown, rogue, madmac2001, plaky, rich, patricia perkins, Ben Yates, m, stephen cannon, DAS DISCO, caz & nat of MOORCLOSE, sandy, Dave McGraffin, phil tha man with tha speach, Lindsay kerry haylee and esstelle, paul, Camel, ema, scott mc, 5p3cky & j0hn, sad act & ginger pubes, penrithians, stevowelly, Matt, Mac1, jim, John Higgins, matthew bish, Rocking Ronnie, claire, Neil Pritt, curt, Blenneth, Bri Scott, FLUFF FINLAY, J.R, Kayleigh Loves Tonks, LINDSEY, sas, nick reynolds, d3aN, napper, Colin Harrison, catherine, Kirky, Scott, robert coulter, mally, mememe, wayne cannon, KenDodd, Jesus Jones, fred benge, Mark Batsford, harrison, Gwyn, kevin norman, ass, plazaperson, Julesy, lee, magnet n steel, Mixman, kelly and jiz, snowdog, wilsoandco, young chiz, Killian, Debbie, oliber, Milly-Milly-Milbourne, Nat, Matthew Morgan, rob, becky, Digsy, spam, keith, Grant Hodgson, PHIL D, donk, kayla, alan falcon, noel, jeff, T jones, Klaus
Last updated: 2012-01-26
More stuff about Workington
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Workington Knowhere Board