Record Shops in Wrexham, Wrexham*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Wrexham.
- HMV dead kwl in there
- Moonlight records and HMV have good bargains or try Amazon UK if you can't find what you're looking for.
- Alun Hughes in the Peoples' Market is probably the best and he'll always try to match or better the internet prices.
Moonlight Records on Pen-y-Bryn run by Brian always gives you a good deal too.
- just HMV on island green. Oh you can also go to QD to get some crappy compilations. But I dont recommend that.
- alun in peoples market TOP
- Phase One has shut (RIP) but the bald bloke who owned it has a big stall in the People's Market now. Moonlight Records is still there, opposite Peppers. Other than that there's a place on High Street opposite Honky Tonks that sells CDs and records upstairs, its pretty cheap too. Other than that, just charity shops and HMV.
- moonlight, internet
- phase one used to be great for anything unusaul....until it closed down:( one of the guys who owned now has a spot in the peoples market, go there...if he doesn't have it, chances are he can get it, and moonlight records.
- hmv wxm hmv chester
- franklin slaters shop by the bus station rocks!!!
- MUSIC ZONE - loads of cheap bargain CDs and DVDs.
- there's hmv, mvc, and music zone
- the best record/CD shop is HMV hands down
- pahase one rocked but it tis gone all hail phase 1!
- mvc,hmv woolworths
- Essential Records. He'a bit fat but has vinyl.
- opposite the bus depot then hmv at island green
- mvc has done wonders for the record buying population of wrexham
- Phase One Records, King Street
- Moonlight Records - a great place, and lovely chappy runs it (says my mum)
Phase I records
- Phase one! It's a classic! They sell Wigan Pier and some cheap stuff upstairs n all.. apparently it's been running for years. There's that DJ shop but I don't bother cuz a ginger works there. MVC is alright but a bit over priced but the new HMV is gud.
- BEST RECORD SHOP BY FAR IS MOONLIGHT RECORDS BY PEPPERS (BRIAN RUNS IT HE CAN GET YOU ANYTHING )ITS CHEAP AND GOOD SELECTION OF DVDS AND VIDS ,.WORST PLACE IS PHASE ONE ON KING STREET (RIPPOFF)GIVES LITTLE KIDS 50P FOR CD'S AND VIDEO'S AND SELLS IT FOR A TENNER PLUS THE NEXT DAY -A VIDEO TAPE FROM HERE 2ND HAND COSTS MORE THAN A NEW ONE FROM WOOLLIES -CHARGES YOU 2 POUND TO TAKE A GAME BACK EVEN IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED IT AND CHARGES BOOKING FEE ON LOCAL GIG TICKETS EVEN THOUGH ITS ONLY DOWN THE ROAD AT CENTRAL STATION -I'D RATHER GO TO MOONLIGHT RECORDS OR CASH GENERATOR AND SAVE AT LEAST A FIVER (WHAT A PIRATE !)
- MVC or phase one is the place
- Phase One records is the main independent record shop, but Moonlight records is well good too, and Bri the owner and the blonde bloke are sound.
- Record shops? It depends. Do you like 'bang, bang, bang?' If so, Wrexham caters for you.
Do you like real music? If so, you are not welcome in any music shops in Wrexham. Genuine taste is strictly not appreciated.
- We just have some little places catering for the masses. If it wasn't for various shops outside of Wrexham, particularly in Birmingham and London, I wouldn't have any Snuff CD's. Wrexham is fine for people with no musical taste whatsoever.
- MVC! definately. fit staff, and also phase one is too expensive
- go to phase 1 it rocks!!
- If you hate house music and the rest of that "bang bang bang" crap that drug addicts listen to in some bastards basement until 8am, you are not liked by many Wrexham residents except myself. Manchester and Chester both have a wide variety of record shops, but I think Birmingham has some real gems. Get there, or don't get the CD's you want. Simple as that.
- Phase one is pretty good gr8 variety!!! def worth a look!!!
- Moonlight Records. Beats the shit out of Phase One, and I'm happy knowing I'm not lining the pockets of that arrogant bald bastard who owns it.
- The whole area doesn't have much, but I reckon HMV in Chester isn't bad, although I prefer Birmingham for anything musical.
- Mvc aint no good now all the prices gone up best place to go is Moonlight records good selection and dirt cheap and they'll buy ur crap cd's off ya for a decent price
- moon light records,phase 1
- Wrexham have MVC (complete with fit staff) and Phase One (complete with most depressed staff). MVC is far better, but if your looking for cheap-go to The Music Zone in Chester (opposite Disney store) its great and has tone of cds really cheap, most around £10!
- Moonlight is superb & very cheap. Phase one is fucking shit, run by a miserable old cunt who used to be a schoolteacher and the place is a fucjing rip off.
- Phase one is always good ya can always find a wigan pier tune in there.
- phase one. not much else
- PHASE ONE RECORDS ROCKS BELLS - BIG BELLS!!! AND THAT ROB IS DEAD FIT!!!
- essential records rules, loadsa scouse house and phase one is good for wigan pier cd's
- moonlight records is tha best place in town it is cheap an dey actually ave cd's u like unlike phase 1
- Moonlight Records - easy
- HMV / Virgin
- phase one - the only place in the world that seel wigan pier c.d.'s. the new essential records looks good
- MVC, but if you want proper records go to Chester
- phase one records is great for stuff thats hard to find. MVC is good for 'deleted' albums!!! But phase one is pure class!
- Phase One Records
- WREXHAM NEEDS A NEW RECORD SHOP COZ THERE ALL SHIT!
- There 2 really phase one which sell loads of stuff, good vynil section pretty commercial though bu u can often find ad strangely priced gem. they have agood metal punk and rock section. then theres vynil asylum in wrexham disco centre which does mostly house and trance but you can find the odd hip hop stunner the owner jamie is a sound bloke as well.
- MOONLIGHT! If for no reason but to see the dopiest bloke in the world who works there on wednesdays. Bless him
- MVC, largest choice of records, and give a couple of pounds off when signing up for an MVC card
- The Goth shop across from Bonkers doesnt sell records but plays them, IT ROCKS!!!
- PHASE ONE RECORDS
- phase one is okay for most stuff
- phase one
- PHASE ONE is the best.
- Moonlight Records on Pen-y-Bryn is the best music shop around Wrexham, this shop sells the cheapest C.Ds and has the cheapest T. Shirts in Wrexham. If you like Marilyn Manson or any other rock band then this shop is for you.
- Phase One's okay, but you can find some good deals at Moonlight Records! near 'Bonkers' (which you'd have to be to set foot in there, or looking to get laid by a middle age whore)
- Moonlight Records and Phase One. Moonlight because it offers a good range of CD's rangin from second hand stuff to old vinyl. Phase One - the only place besides Moonlight where you can buy decent CD's that other shops (Our Price, Woolworths) dont stock.
- vinyl assylem is the best record shop in wrexham with wicked underground every thing techno and a good range of dexs mixers in a new look shop thats located on top of pen-y-bryn.you can listen to the vinyls on listening posts which are in a room with disco lights flashing everywhere.the shop is looked after by Jamie (aka dj saviour) who will make you feel welcome and will help with anything you ask about techno.If he has not got what you want i`m sure he can order it in unlike phase-one where they act suprised if you by somthing.
check it out
- Moon Light records is a top shop cheaper T-shirts than phase one but Phase One r not that bad either.
- Let me tell you, as a DJ, Wrexham is the worst place in the world for music (well close anyway) There are 2 records shops, the vinyl assulum (full of pot heads and hard house/trance) and Phase 1, where it has all the big hits on vinyl all costing £5. If you want resonable choice go to Chester, HMV ain't bad for the bigger songs, dig deep you find the odd rarity (ODD) and theres also Global Grooves in Chester which is pretty tasteful, they have Loft Classics in there.
- moonlight records (ask to see the box)
- Got to be phase one!!!!!
- Phase One is definately the best. Dave that works there is a babe. But seriously there aint much else. What a place, ITS HUGE and will have everything you want including torches
- phase one king street is great check out big gingerman pete behind the counter a one time beer monster and one hell of a bass player
- Phase 1 was always the best
- MVC, that new place by the old hippodrome isn't bad but they don't have any singles.
- Phase One Records is a kick-ass independent record store on King street, you can't miss it, it's the best thing there for Christs sake.
- PHASE ONE RECORDS, KING STREET
- Not a lot - Phase 1 in King street is crap.
- VINYL ASSYLUM FOR DRUM+BASS HOUSE GABBA TECHNO ETC PHASE 1 UPSTAIRS FOR HIP HOP AND VINYL
- Moonlight Records -Bridge St. (Good for 2nd hand CD's & vinyl & Playstation games)
- Immaculate Vinyl opening soon.
- Phase One on the bus station.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: phill, winker, Steven porter, Mark R, T.Williams, Ron & Sandy Lumsdon, FUCK SKATEBOARDS SCOOTERS UNITE, Barry Boner, jibjabboy, deve, neil, WrexhamFingerstyleJazz, Leighton, Chris, Graham Linehan's stalker's second cousin, shane jones, Rick Davies, BOGGY, welshman, Joh Hughes, jon, RE, JR, Bj, Claire, alex, Adolf Hitler, ANDY 07801767759, Davo, monkey, Roy Norry, Allan Dade, Jenny, calvin (frisky), SCOTT RIGBY, Marie Palmer, Riggers, THE DEGGSTER 420, jesie, ROB, Barbara, tracy jones, Lee Hassett, Natalie, mickey mouse, Dave morris, TomO, Johnny cash, Garry, hannah, claire and josh, Hulio, chief, Syd, dave laa, mike charlton, Harvey, Deggy laaaaaaaaaaaa, jan thomson, Soup Dragon, magenta flip, LOVE THE SOSH, Keith Williams, Martin McCready, hiya, no, Mark Cook, mark huckridge, patrick, Lorrisa Turner, Mark J, urdealer, barry, Mogger, asd asd, Danny Shepherd, marvin, Anne Pryde, mark jones, nickj, Rocketman, Colin Jones, Jamie, Spider1, Dave Charlie, Andrwe Jones, nick williams, johnstown, Jo, Sam, Arnold Williams, Bob Marley, Wulfman, Cat, ryan, trefor, tom, Jonny, Jimmy, monty python, rach, jeanette, noxie, ben, Caroline, phartuk, jennie, REBECCA HARRISON, 2pac, matty, esme, Another Dodgy Name, Nuphonic, playdoh, Soozy Forbes, Andy, john welch, DARREN HOPWOOD, tom smoggzy, mark roberts, daniel geddes, Mark Huxley, Rhodri, mark, Matt, Ginger's Rep', iain, Lord Johnny, Milly, Daz and Kev, Helena, Michael Harper, louise, rog, Sally, Fishtaker, Dodgy Italian Cockney, the real matt jones, dudley spew boy, toni, dave, Shawny-porny, chris myers, Elaine, raq, dionne, ALISTAIR JONES, Ellen69!!!, Carl Thomas, Johnny Leather, M. Findlay, Laura, Hollypop Holmes, Marky prandal, Phil, john jones, Paul, Big Vern, vinnie, Wales4ever, cate, karen, GEORGE, Nicole smith, David, RHIAN WEBSTER, kaz, nathan, webmaster??, charlotte tomlinson, King George VI, ian parry, AK, DAVID LEEDER, Unidentified, Holly Holmes, Lucy Price (email: sedwardsafrancis@yaho, Jane, Marie Griffiths, Gemskii, Marc N., VOTE BNP!, Saddam Hussein's Cat [now in exile], bez, matilda, Mike Harper, spider monkey, andy white, JJ, Bill, john, DARREN MEREDITH-JONES, emma, anonymous, ashley gardner, zzzzzzz, sianny, David Jones, generic, SKIP RAT, LiamDutton, gareth, stevenotts, olly, Dawn Ellison, wxm badboy, LYNZE, Matty Geddes, Olivia , BEN CASE GOT COCK BLOCKED, liz, Irene, gareth lofthouse, richard samuels, melaniewilliams, x, wrexham no_ 1, LISA M, lindsay alderton, the great one, h, ad, Adam, gary, Person, charlie, Chris Bolton, Eluned Myhre, GEEZ, n, clred4, jamie baldy, Adrian Howlett, lisa, Wolfie, rhys, Joanne Amie , phil jones, bob, rav, Steve
Last updated: 2012-03-04
More stuff about Wrexham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wrexham Knowhere Board