Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Coventry.
- showcase cinema is good and so is odeon
- IMAX in Birmingham;
- abc- theatre one
- The Odeon multiplex (In the ghastly Skydome complex), and that other place in the middle of the trading estate in Walsgrave, show all of the blockbusters (Plus some Bollywood stuff).
The best cinema in Coventry is at Warwick Arts Centre. The more interesting Hollywood blockbusters, independents, foreign language films: This place has it all. And it must be the only cinema where talking through films, throwing food and being binge drunk are not the norm.
- notmany to choose from anymore, but the odeon is probably the most comfortable.
- Skydome is pretty good n ur not far from a vodka and coke either!
- odeon in town
- The Odeon at the Skydome is the only place to see your mainstream films. a family cinema WITH 9 SCREENS (not 6, as it says elsewhere on this lovely site) the staff are friendly and helpful, even if they're slightly insane (joseph) it's almost impossible to tell they're on minimum wage! ignore the praise for the showcase. they are cheaper, but the staff don't know what customer service is, and the nachos are rubbish.
- The warwick arts centre is the only place in cov u'll find smaller indie flicks like Oldboy or city of god.
- i fink da skydome is a wkd cinema, da showcase aint dat bad but its mor expensive.
- Showcase by Asda n Big W (cant remember the name of the road)n obviously Odeon at da Skydome
- Showcase , near Big W , cheaper then the Odeon and better.
- Showcase on a friday night only!
- ODEON IN THE SKYDOME
- skydome is a cool place, in town so after or b4 film u can go shopin or clubin. 6 screens not that bad really
- Sky Dome cinemas are ok but try not to bring only commercial films but alternative and foreign as well!
- Odeon in town and Showcase outside of town towards Walsgrave.
- The showcase cinema is excellent. I dont think much to the seating in the Odeon though so i dont go there.
- The best Odeon in the area is the one on bermuda park, Big seats = teh win
- Skydome is easiest but showcase is loads cheaper
- The Skydome Odeon is the only Cinema in the city centre
- Damn whats it called again?! Ah the skydome! They have a good cinema there. . . or the showcase down walsgrave!
- The Skydome is the biggest cinema I've ever seen, It's pretty awesome dude!
- odeon in town. showcase is a long treck to get to
- Odeon in the skydome. Massive, loads of screens and very comfortable seats. I'd enjoy going there is it wasn't for them pesky kids...
- Riley's in far gosford street is cool, once you have finished at a club or are killing time till going to an after party come here! it is open 24hrs all wk but you do need to be a member to get in.
- First there was Screen One. Then there was Odeon. Then there was Showcase, but it was fucking miles away. Now there's Odeon again.
- coventry has two cinema one in the skydome which is in the centre of the city and also the showcase just on the outskirts of the city also on the same site we have a mega bowl which has a laser quaser
- Odeon Cinema
- The skyDome arena has a nice and modern cinema in it.
- The odeon in the centre is good, students get discounts. Laser quest is a bit out of the way but its worth it if theres a big group of you. theres also an adults soft play centre!
- cheap and near the centre the skydome! also it has an ice cream place in it!
- NEW ODEON IS GOOD WITH EVERYTHING NEW AND ALSO SOME ASIAN STUFF ETC RIGHT NEXT TO THREE MAJOR NITECLUBS 4 LARGE MODERN BARS AND A COUPLE OF RESTRAUNTS ALL IN THE COVENTRY SKYDOME OF ALSO A ICE SKATING RINK. THERES THE SHOWCASE IN WALSGRAVE BIG AND CLOSE TO MEGABOWL PIZZA HUT MACCY DS BURGER KING ETC
- Skydome is easy to get to and comfortable.
- Skydome probably
- Showcase really good - aprt from out of town. The old Odein used to be superb, with the biggest screen one ever. Now part of Cov Uni. The new Odean is OK, part from it takes hours to get out of the car park once the film has finished.
Lazer Quest by the car museum is still brilliant.
Onlt bowling is out of town and leaves a lot to be desired.
- THE ODEON SKYDOME IN THE CITY CENTER AND SHOWCASE
- Odeon @ skydome gets first vote here, Then Showcase in Walsgrave.
- SKY DOME
- Definetely go to the Skydome. Showcase is OK too. Generally, cinema is one of the aspects of Cov that has improved recently.
- odeon at the sky dome, ice skateing rink at the sky dome, lazer quest
- Odeon in town is near but expensive. Showcase is far away but cheaper. Depends if you want to fork out or not. Showcase also has the bowling alleys right next to it.
- Odeon in town has closed down, replaced by the one at the Skydome now.
- Showcase Cinemas very expensive but quite plush the most viable option for late night showings
- showcase in walsgarve good new odeon in sky dome phat ans a good 1 opened in nuneanton but can u b arsed 2 tarvel 2 that dump!?!?!???!
- New Odeon is nice - but then it's only a year old. The old Odeon was a godsend for students, as it gave us something other than beer to spend our money on.
- The New Cinema complex off spon street is supposedly good but haven't had the opportunity to try it out. The ice rink is good for a cheap day out
- The Odeon in the Skydome (if you use a Royal Bank of Scotland Switchcard you will crash their system and they let you in for free), Showcase Cinemas out at Walsgrave next to the Megabowl (another favourite hook-up hang-out).
- ABC Have just opened a splendid new complex between Coventry and Nuneaton - big seats in ranks so munchkins can still see if sat behind a basketball team, superb sound system and it is cheaper than Showcase, plus, and this is a big bonus if reluctanlty joining a partner in watching a film that isnt really your cup of tea, it has two pubs within walking distance!
- Odeon in town is a bit trampy but they make an effort. Thers a Lazer quest. Everything else isn't i the centre and I can't be arsed to write about it.
- the theatre one is really rather nasty.
- Showcase is the better of the complexs, apart from the price of the food there - astronomical. Megabowl, Crystal Maze and Quasar are all brilliant laughs. Odeon is OK apart from the leg room can end up with cramp.
- Showcase Cinema - Walsgrave Triangle Megabowl - Walsgrave Triangle
- THEATRE ONE IS GONE NOW.... SHOWCASE; HAS BOWLING AND CRYSTAL MAZE GAME NEARBY AND V POSH BUT VERY FAR AWAY FROM MOST PLACES; ODEON SOON TO CLOSE TO BE REPLACED BY NEW SUPER ODEON ON SPON STREET, HOORAY! PLUS WARWICK UNI "ART HOUSE" CINEMA.
- The showcase is cool but about a 7miles from town so you need a lift and the odean is a bit run down but has a brilliant Screen 1 (it's huge).
- You have to go miles out of the city to get to a decent multiplex (Odeon) on unreliable busses. The Showcase cinema in town is okay in a fleapit kind of way, with student discounts, but the new cinema being built in the Spon Street area is much needed.
- Showcase Cinema on the M6 junction is dire- 14 screens and nothing worth watching! Warwick Arts Centre very good if quite small. Odeon not too bad either.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: BRIAN, Colin Mitchelmore, dan burrow, Mark R, jenny, wob, Carlos, Hamid, garry, nicky, Leanne, geo, trureal1, maria, airz, firstname.lastname@example.org butcher, The sett, Hannah Goodall, Faye, batootoo, b dover, john mclester, lauren, Tom, sadie Ray, Grace, Martin Dalziel, Frejya, p bliss, doyf, Neil, ClaireR, cas em, a.keilloh, Natalie Klym, Rich E, Iain Steane, dan the man, rachel, roger wing, stee, jblack, Fergus, Simon Jacobs, shannon , Phil Thomas, Donna, Mike, sammy, Stephanie Alderman, Charlene McCleave, Patch, meg, dave smith, Joe Sergiew, Anne-Marie, keith sith, gemma, Steve Baxter, schmitt, john andrewson, gav savage, Niamh , ryan, Jonny, only me, jo, Anna, Darren Nilsson, ashleigh, sue, Nathan, nick squires, Lester Mc Abe, Rusty Snails, JENI, Andie, G.L.Hesketh, andrew, agent23, jimmy padhfgace, Lucie, Rich mulligan, DK, Louise Rocks, sara rachel bain, iain, mandy henderson, duve, cheney, al, da feng, Matt White, kasie and abi, Andrew Clover, coco, CovLad, Rob Roach, debbbie, Phi Thomas, James Thomas, MANDY, Graham Cox, Robby, bloddy guy, Phil Reynolds, James Jorge, KT, Dave b, Brian Wilson, Mick Sutton, E.A. Townsend, Hettie, Jay, Kerin Cosford, Jack Wood, Ade, julios'en'cov-one, Beardos, dan hobson, ian, joanne, carla krissy and beth, Dean, daniel reeves, Keith Coventry, abi scott, L. Thomas, emma, liam, Skater's Mum, vic, generic, BIG E, Lucinda Hill, email@example.com, elle, penny, Mark, craig white, Cathryn Goodwin, Jonny Mac, jimmy, hoho, Steffie, S. Brookes MBE, Lucifer, StevO, Steven Halle, fred, baybee, Dennis, Andrea, Rob, Ian..., Emma Caven, johnny knoxville, Helen Jones, george, kek, Ali Kelly, Vicky M, Martin North, Someone who hates Coventry a lot!!!, gaz, M8, sean, Chris, steve k, Katie Ledger, Stevie Rusty, J, natalie, danny, Aggrieved Homeowner, Capt, Spyda, frank, Anthony Jaggard, hades, David Hook, Greg C., Krissy, Zoe Dacre, mark cherrington, Robert McNulty, nick seale, jenjenjuloola, Rob Orland, Terry Smith, dave trotter, seamus, Martin, beth, Julie Wilkinson, micheal jackson, Liam Butcher, Mick Peake, mat fraser, Jonothan Hope, kennie mcintire, Jonathan, Selina, Romana, Daz, joe, Lisa JOnes, DAVE, sam firstname.lastname@example.org, Robert Williamson, Sam, Coventry, tony, simon karacinski, N.Garland, vicky, saz, Mark Barnes, tracy, Bea Simon, paul sane, baz jobson, m, Lola, bernie brannan, harry myers, gordon, kit, paul, usef islam, Chrisfmail10@yahoo.co.uk, Chris Ryan, pixie, Shellie, kevin wise, conor, Fluffster, Matt, gruve, rick, Earley girl, Carl, Hank, Karl, debbie, JNlufsit, James, CARLITO, julian lewis, Mr A Baxter, mitch, hollie, ckxcn, kdh, Phil, G Smith, DaveG, abradshaw, bob mobed, Paul Taylor, blud, Lisa Bartle, unya, Bob, Sharon, roger greasby, Kassie, Rich Stacey, Dee Delieu, TomS & TonyE, nath, Andrew Fuller, punk2101, david goodwin, Mat, Adam Barker, ANDY, Dave Wilson, matty aldersley, Steve Talbot-Terry, frocker, Sarah, Pablo, Peter Davies, BFG, Phil Travers, John, Cliff Maynarf, Stuart, azaxsxxsx, alienboy, Steve, Bob Bones
Last updated: 2013-10-03
More stuff about Coventry
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Coventry Knowhere Board